From 2003 to 2004, Mr. Schwarz was the Administrative Editor of the Journal of Law, Technology & Policy, published by the University of Illinois College of Law. Prior to attending law school, he served as a graduate research assistant at the University of Illinois School of Molecular and Cellular Biology, studying the genetic mechanisms of muscle development, and as an academic professional for the University of Illinois Department of Psychology, working in a lab studying heritable differences in pain and drug sensitivity.
University of Illinois College of LawJ.D., 2004
- magna cum laude
St. Louis UniversityB.S., 1998
- summa cum laude
- Mountain States Super Lawyers: 2013-2019
- Nevada Business: Legal Elite 2016-2017, 2019
- Caesars Entertainment Corporation
- Team Fishel
- Omix-Ada, Inc.
- 4Wall Entertainment
- Raptor Mining Products, Inc.
- Doctor Associates, Inc. d/b/a Subway
- Automated Systems of America, Inc.
- Royal Investors Group
- Don Best Sports
- Cardinal Health
- Weingarten Realty
Omix-ADA, Inc. v. Changzhou Jiulong Auto Lamps Factory, et al., 2:16-cv-02527-GMN-CWH: Obtained seizure order and effectuated the seizure of allegedly-infringing products at international trade shows
Doctor’s Associates, Inc. d/b/a Subway v. Boyadzhyan, et al., 2:09-cv-02013-RCJ-LRL: Obtained injunctive relief and damages judgment in action for trademark infringement, unfair competition, and cybersquatting
Solo Cup Operating Corp. v. Pan Western Corp., A601519: Obtained unlawful detainer judgment and summary judgment in favor of Plaintiff
Steven Speier, as Receiver for Las Vegas Plaza Limited, LLC v. Ontiveros, et al., 12E013689: Following bench trial, obtained unlawful detainer judgment
Bowling v. Wiggam, A558599: Following bench trial, obtained judgment for Plaintiff rescinding quitclaim deed and awarding Plaintiff monetary damages
Boink Systems, Inc. v. Las Vegas Sands Corp., 2:08-cv-00089-PAL: Following jury trial, obtained verdict for Plaintiffs
Shack v. Lawson, et al., 05-A-498513: Following jury trial on remand from Nevada Supreme Court, obtained verdict for Plaintiffs
- American Bar Association, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Nevada, Member
- Las Vegas Natural History Museum, Board of Trustees 2013-2017, Executive Committee Member-at-Large 2016, Treasurer 2017
- Presenter, “The Law of Jury Selection” and “Ethical Considerations in Jury Selection,” National Business Institute, August 2015
- Presenter, “Nevada Landlord-Tenant Law,” Lorman Education Services, July 2017
- Author, “Offers of Compromise: When (If Ever) Are They Admissible?,” Communique, May 2013
- Administrative Editor, Journal of Law, Technology & Policy, 2003-04