Jennifer is a member in the firm’s Corporate department in Detroit. Her practice includes a wide variety of transactional work with a focus on franchise, distribution and unfair competition law. She has experience representing small and large companies in all aspects of business including financing, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and general business matters.
Oakland UniversityB.A., 2008
Michigan State University College of LawJ.D., 2012
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan Regional Leadership Award, 2017
- Michigan Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2014 and 2015
- CARite, Inc.
- Citizens Bank, N.A.
- Diversified Restaurant Holdings
- DMS Moving Systems, Inc.
- Fifth Third Bank
- GMA Garnet Group
- Health Management Associates
- Johnson Controls, Inc.
- JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- Counsel to franchisors and franchisees relating to disclosure and registration requirements under the Federal Trade Commission and various state laws, system compliance, contract enforcement, trademark issues and post-termination remedies.
- Counsel to buyers and sellers in equity and asset acquisitions or dispositions of varying size and complexity.
- Counsel to companies in connection with mergers, reorganizations, divestitures, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
- Counsel to clients regarding general business and corporate planning issues for all entity types, including entity choice, business formation, corporate governance, entity conversion and dissolution.
- Experienced at negotiating, drafting and reviewing a wide variety of contracts, including confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, non-competition agreements, supply agreements and service agreements.
- Counsel to lenders and borrowers in connection with financings.
- In-house counsel for Little Caesar Enterprises, Inc. and related entities
- Ss. Peter & Paul Jesuit Church, Detroit, MI, Parish Council, Member, 2015-Present
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan - Wayne Region
- Executive Board Member, 2013-2018
- Past President, Present
- Pure Barre, Fitness Instructor, 2014-2018
- Detroit Brownfield Redevelopment Authority – Community Advisory Committee, Member 2014-2016
- Mercy Education Project, Volunteer, 2014-2016
- Project H.E.L.P. (Homeless Experience Legal Protection), Volunteer, 2014-2015
- Co-Author, Section of ABA Franchise Deskbook Selected State Laws, Commentary, and Annotations, Third Edition (2019)