Jennifer is a member in the firm’s Corporate department in Detroit, Michigan and is experienced with corporate, mergers and acquisitions and franchise law matters. She represents both franchisees and franchisors in a variety of issues ranging from compliance to contract negotiations. Her experience also includes representing small and large companies in a variety of other sectors in all aspects of business including financing, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and general business matters.
Oakland UniversityB.A., 2008
Michigan State University College of LawJ.D., 2012
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan Regional Leadership Award, 2017
- Michigan Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2014 and 2015
- CARite, Inc.
- Citizens Bank, N.A.
- Diversified Restaurant Holdings
- DMS Moving Systems, Inc.
- Fifth Third Bank
- GMA Garnet Group
- Health Management Associates
- Johnson Controls, Inc.
- JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- Counsel to clients engaged in business involving legalized marijuana in a variety of transactions including corporate structure, financing, mergers and acquisitions.
- Counsel to franchisors and franchisees relating to disclosure and registration requirements under the Federal Trade Commission and various state laws, system compliance, contract enforcement, trademark issues and post-termination remedies.
- Counsel to buyers and sellers in equity and asset acquisitions or dispositions of varying size and complexity.
- Counsel to companies in connection with mergers, reorganizations, divestitures, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
- Counsel to clients regarding general business and corporate planning issues for all entity types, including entity choice, business formation, corporate governance, entity conversion and dissolution.
- Experienced at negotiating, drafting and reviewing a wide variety of contracts, including confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, non-competition agreements, supply agreements and service agreements.
- Counsel to lenders and borrowers in connection with financings.
- In-house counsel for Little Caesar Enterprises, Inc. and related entities
- Ss. Peter & Paul Jesuit Church, Detroit, MI, Parish Council, Member, 2015-Present
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan - Wayne Region
- Executive Board Member, 2013-2018
- Past President, Present
- Pure Barre, Fitness Instructor, 2014-2018
- Detroit Brownfield Redevelopment Authority – Community Advisory Committee, Member 2014-2016
- Mercy Education Project, Volunteer, 2014-2016
- Project H.E.L.P. (Homeless Experience Legal Protection), Volunteer, 2014-2015
- Co-Author, “Post-COVID Opportunities and Legal Considerations to Franchise Resale,” Dickinson Wright Client Alert, May 2020
- Co-Author, Section of ABA Franchise Deskbook Selected State Laws, Commentary, and Annotations, Third Edition (2019)