Jacqueline Lu is Of Counsel with Dickinson Wright’s Intellectual Property Litigation practice group. She has represented Fortune 500 companies, small start-ups, and individual inventors in all stages of intellectual property litigation. She has a strong scientific background, having earned her B.S. in Chemistry from the University of California, Berkeley. Simultaneously, she earned her B.A. in Chinese Language. Then, using her fluency in written and spoken Mandarin Chinese, she studied at the Tsinghua Law School in Beijing, China for a semester, earning credits towards an LLM degree.
While in law school at the University of Texas, Ms. Lu was a member of the Legal Research Board, which comprises recipients of the Outstanding Memorandum Award awarded to first year law students.
University of California, BerkeleyB.S., Chemistry; B.A., Chinese Language, 2007
- with Honors
The University of Texas School of LawJ.D., 2010
- with Honors
- Mandarin Chinese
- Super Lawyers of Texas
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation, and Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG v. HEC Pharm Co., Ltd., HEC Pharm USA, et al., Civil Action No. 3:15-cv-05982-PGS (D NJ). Ms. Lu acted as counsel for HEC Pharm Co. and HEC Pharm USA in a Hatch-Waxman action over an ANDA filing concerning linagliptin and metformin hydrochloride used in the treatment and/or prevention of metabolic diseases in patients.
- Novartis AG, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp., Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corp., and Mitsui Sugar Co. Ltd. v. HEC Pharm Co., Ltd., HEC Pharm Group, and HEC Pharm USA Inc., Civil Action No. 1:15-cv-00151-LPS (D Del.). Ms. Lu acted as counsel for defendants in a Hatch-Waxman action over an ANDA filing concerning fingolimod used in the treatment of patients with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis.
- Cephalon, Inc., v. Nang Kuang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. and CANDA NK-1, LLC, Civil Action No. 1:14-cv-5180 SJ-RER (EDNY). Ms. Lu acted as counsel for defendants in a Hatch-Waxman action over an ANDA filing concerning bendamustine hydrochloride used in the treatment of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- Eli Lilly and Company and The Trustees of Princeton University, v. Nang Kuang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. and CANDA NK-2, LLC, Civil Action No. 1:14-cv-1647-TWP-DKL (SD Ind.). Ms. Lu acted as counsel for defendants in a Hatch-Waxman action over an ANDA filing concerning pemetrexed used in the treatment of patients with advanced nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancer and malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- The Quantum World Corp. v. Hewlett-Packard, Acer, Inc., and Acer America, et al. (U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas). Representing Hewlett-Packard and Acer in a suit brought by Quantum World alleging infringement by the Trusted Platform Module (TPM), which is used in computer security.
- Barnesandnoble.com, llc v. Xerox Corp. (U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York). Representing Xerox in a declaratory judgment action on four patents related to internet technology.
- Adjustacam v. Hewlett-Packard, Creative Labs, et al. (U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas). Representing Hewlett-Packard, Creative Labs, and a number of other defendants in a suit related to webcam support technology.
- American Bar Association
- Northern District of California
- Central District of California
- Eastern District of Texas
- District of Delaware
- All state courts of California and Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office