Giselle Alexander is a State Bar of Arizona Certified Tax Specialist and a CPA (Arizona). She began her career with Ernst & Young, LLP in Phoenix, and in 2012 narrowed her practice to focus exclusively on tax controversy matters and exempt organization issues. Giselle represents clients at all stages of the controversy process, from pre-controversy (before the federal, state, or local taxing authority is aware of the issue - amnesty and voluntary disclosure proceedings, private letter ruling requests) to audits (individual, corporate, partnership, gift/estate tax) to administrative appeals (penalty relief, innocent spouse) to litigation.
Giselle also offers estate planning services for all ranges of financial situations, for married couples and single persons, with a variety of estate planning tools. She is experienced in drafting complex trust agreements, gift tax and estate tax returns, creating charitable organizations and dealing with contested probate administration cases.
Arizona State UniversityB.S., Economics
- Dean’s List, multiple semesters
Arizona State UniversityJ.D.
- Willard H. Pedrick Scholar (Dean’s List), multiple semesters
- CALI Award – Tax Controversies
- CALI Award – Bankruptcy
- State Bar of Arizona Tax Section 2009 scholarship recipient
Northwestern UniversityLL.M, Taxation
- 2010 Public Service Star
- Auto Dealerships
- Non-Profits/Exempt Organizations
- Certified Tax Specialist – State Bar of Arizona
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Rising Star – Tax, 2017-2019
- Secretary, Arizona State Board of Accountancy
- Chair, Tax Law Section of the State Bar of Arizona
- Co-chair, Exempt Organizations sub-committee, State & Local Tax executive committee, Tax Section of the American Bar Association
- Certified Public Accountant, Arizona
- Dodie Londen Excellence in Public Service Series, 2015 graduate, elected to the Board of Governors and Treasurer in 2017
- National Society of Daughters of the American Revolution – Paradise Valley Chapter, elected Vice Regent in 2018 (previously elected as Treasurer from 2014-2018)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Panelist, “The Captive Insurance Tax Landscape in 2019” Tennessee Captive Insurance Association, Nashville, TN, June 18, 2019
Presenter, “The I’s Have It – Incorporation, Insurance, and Income Taxes” Arizona State Society Daughters of the American Revolution Spring Conference, Scottsdale, AZ, May 9, 2019
- Presenter, “Tax Aspects of Settlements & Judgments”, Trial Track, Arizona State Bar CLE By the Sea, San Diego, California, July 24, 2018
- Co-presenter, "Update on Captive Tax Controversies," Delaware Captive Insurance Association 2018 Spring Forum, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, May 14, 2018
- Co-presenter, "Wayfair and the Way Forward," ABA Tax Section, 2018 May Meeting, May 2018 - Washington, D.C.
- Co-author, "Supreme Court's Denial of Review Causes Frustration Among Taxpayers, Taxing Agencies, Lower Courts," Bloomberg Tax Daily Tax Report™: State, February 14, 2018
- Panelist, "Tax Bridge to Practice: State and Local Tax", ABA Tax Section, 2017 May Meeting, May 2017 - Washington, D.C.
- Panelist, "Nuts & Bolts of State and Local Tax", ABA Tax Section 2017 Midyear Meeting, January 2017 - Orlando, FL
- Panelist, "Thinking Outside the Box", ABA Young Lawyers Division 2013 Fall Conference, October 2013 - Phoenix, AZ