Garrett V. Davis has experience in the preparation, prosecution and litigation of chemical and mechanical patent related matters. His litigation experience spans the spectrum from initial investigations and opinions on the merits through discovery, trial and appeal. Mr. Davis also represents clients before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office including appeals and interferences, interference proceedings, reissue applications and ex parte and inter parte reexaminations.
Mr. Davis specializes in highly complex inventions in the inorganic and organic chemical arts, hydrocarbon processing catalysts in liquid and solid form, pharmaceutical compounds and synthesis, therapeutic treatment methods, food compositions, polymers, polymer compositions and polymerization processes. His clients include the Fortune 100, Fortune 500, domestic and foreign companies.
West Virginia UniversityB.S., Chemistry, 1978
University of BaltimoreJ.D., 1984
- District of Columbia
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Patent, Trademark and Copyright Section, American Bar Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Bar Association for the District of Columbia
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association