Dan Poliwoda is a litigation associate in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office, where he maintains a broad litigation practice. He has experience in a variety of matters involving corporate/commercial litigation, competition law, international trade, intellectual property, regulatory compliance, government affairs and public law.
In law school, Dan’s team placed first at the 2019 Canadian Intellectual Property Moot, winning the Fox Cup and the award for the best respondent factum. He continues to be involved at the University of Toronto, with both the Faculty of Law and the Rotman School of Management.
University of Toronto, Faculty of LawJ.D., 2020
University of GenevaCertificate, Transnational Law, 2019
Western UniversityB.A. (Hons), History, 2017
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Author, “Canada Denounces Russian Military Actions and Announces New Sanctions on Russia in Response to Escalation in Ukraine,” Dickinson Wright’s All Things Canada Blog, February 2022
- Co-Author, "The Canadian Trademarks Act: More Changes Are on the Way," World Trademark Review, October 18, 2021
- Co-Author, The Trips Vaccine Waiver Controversy, International Economic Law and Policy Blog, July 2021
- Author, Reference re Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act – Supreme Court of Canada Rules Carbon Pricing Constitutional, Dickinson Wright Client Alert, April 2021
- Author, Canada Sanctions Chinese Officials and a Chinese Entity in Xinjiang, Dickinson Wright Client Alert, March 2021
- Co-Author, An Important Clarification of the Duty of Honest Contractual Performance, Dickinson Wright Client Alert, January 2021
- Co-Author, The Supreme Court Confirms the Common Law Approach to Contract Enforceability Applies to Post-Incorporation Contracts, Dickinson Wright Client Alert, December 2020
- Co-Author, Canadian Data Privacy Laws Are Changing. Is Your Business Ready to Keep Up?, Dickinson Wright Client Alert, November 2020
- Co-Author, Canada Sanctions Belarusian Officials For ‘Gross And Systematic Human Rights Violations’, Dickinson Wright All Things Canada Blog, October 2020