Ariel Kelly is an experienced litigator who represents and counsels clients through all phases of civil litigation, including initiation of suit, pretrial discovery, motion practice, alternative dispute resolution, trial practice and appeal. As an associate in the firm’s Labor & Employment group, Ariel’s practice focuses on litigating and counseling employers on a broad array of employment and labor matters, including: employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour, personal injury, workers’ compensation and contract disputes. Specifically, she assists employers in negotiating, drafting, reviewing and enforcing employment-related contracts and policies, including employee handbooks, non-compete/non-solicitation agreements and confidentiality agreements. She has been involved in litigation on behalf of employers in single- and multi-plaintiff cases, as well as class and collective actions, on the state and federal level.
Vanderbilt UniversityB.A., English and History
- Dean’s List
Vanderbilt Law SchoolJ.D.
- Dean’s Scholar
- Pro Bono Honor Roll 2015- Tennessee Supreme Court
- Successfully represented employer resulting in the enforcement of a non-solicitation agreement against a direct competitor of client.
- Successfully drafted Motion for Preliminary Injunction that resulted in injunctive relief for client in federal court.
- Counseled and defended home care company as a member of its litigation team that negotiated a favorable settlement for the client.
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Napier-Looby Bar Association
- Lawyers’ Association for Women
- Junior League of Nashville, Advocacy Committee
- Summer Associate, Dickinson Wright PLLC, Nashville, Tennessee
- Legal Intern, Baptist Memorial Health Care In-House Counsel
- Legal Intern, AutoZone In-House Counsel
- 6th Cir.
- E.D. Tenn.
- M.D. Tenn.
- W.D. Tenn.
- All Tennessee State Courts