Ms. Webster is Of Counsel in the firm’s litigation department. She focuses her practice on complex litigation and appeals.
Ms. Webster has significant experience assisting clients in appeals before state and federal appellate courts, including the Nevada Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals in the Ninth Circuit, Second Circuit, and Eleventh Circuit, the Florida District Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court, in a wide variety of subject matters, including contract law, arbitration, election law, constitutional law, bankruptcy law, and procedural matters.
Ms. Webster serves as the Chair of the Nevada State Bar Appellate Litigation Section, and also served in that role from 2017-2018. In 2014, Ms. Webster served as pro bono counsel for Nevadans for a court of Appeals, a bi-partisan political action committee advocating for the creation of a court of appeals in Nevada, and received the Nevada State Bar's "Volunteer of the Year" for her work in this regard. Additionally, Ms. Webster is a contributing author to the Nevada Appellate Practice Manual.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Webster served as a judicial clerk to Justice James Hardesty at the Nevada Supreme Court.
While in law school, Ms. Webster served as an extern to Judge Kristen Mix in the United States District Court for the District of Colorado, to Justice Allison Eid in the Colorado Supreme Court, and to Judge Larry Hicks in the United States District Court for the District of Nevada.
University of Colorado Law SchoolJ.D., 2011
University of Nevada, Reno2008
B.A. and B.S., with distinction
- Triple major in biology, philosophy, and french
- magna cum laude
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Commercial Litigation, 2016-2024
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®
- Super Lawyer, 2022- Present
- "Rising Star," Commercial Litigation, 2014-2021
- Nevada Business Magazine
- Legal Elite “Northern Nevada Best,” for Commercial Litigation and Appeals, 2013-2019
- State Bar of Nevada
- Volunteer of the Year Award, 2015
Obtained dismissal with prejudice of an action seeking more than $20 million in damages in a commercial lease agreement dispute before the Second Judicial District Court of Nevada.
Obtained an affirmance by an en banc decision in an appeal before the Nevada Supreme Court concerning the dismissal of a university named as a defendant in a construction dispute.
Obtained writ relief by an en banc decision in a writ petition before the Nevada Supreme Court addressing the scope of personal jurisdiction over a party not properly served.
Obtained reversal in an en banc decision in an appeal before the Nevada Supreme Court from a district court granting a preliminary injunction against a municipal airport.
Served as pro bono counsel for Nevadans for a Court of Appeals, a bi-partisan political action committee comprised of thirteen Nevada senators and assemblypersons advocating for the creation of a court of appeals in Nevada.
- State Bar of Nevada Appellate Litigation Section, Chair (2017-2018, 2023-2024) Chair-Elect (2016-2017, 2022-2023), and Treasurer (2015)
- Northern Nevada Women Lawyers Association, Board Member (2013-2016) and Treasurer (2016)
- American Inns of Court, Bruce R. Thompson Chapter, Member (2012-2015)
- Washoe County Bar Association, Member
- Kidzone Children’s Museum of Truckee, California, Board of Directors, Member, 2021-2023
- American Lung Association of Northern Nevada, Board Member, 2013-2016
- Indian Association of Northern Nevada, Member
- Moderator, "An Evening with the Court of Appeals," Nevada State Bar, Appellate Litigation Section, September 2023
- Co-Moderator, An Evening With the Nevada Supreme Court,” Northern Nevada Women Lawyer’s Association and State Bar of Nevada Appellate Section, September 7, 2017
- Contributing Author, "Nevada Appellate Practice Manual: History and Operations of the Appellate Court
- Subject matter reviewer, Nevada Appellate Practice Manual
- Author, “Nevada’s New Court of Appeals,” Nevada Lawyer, January 2015
- Author, “NRAP 5 and the Intersection Between State Law and Federal Jurisdiction,” Nevada Lawyer, August 2013