Ms. Webster is Of Counsel in the firm’s litigation department. Ms. Webster practices in all courts throughout the State of Nevada. She practices on complex litigation and appeals.
Ms. Webster has significant experience assisting clients in appeals before state and federal appellate courts, including the Nevada Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court, in a wide variety of subject matters, including contract law, election law, constitutional law, bankruptcy law, and procedural matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Webster served as a judicial clerk to Justice James Hardesty at the Nevada Supreme Court. Ms. Webster also served as the Chair of the Nevada State Bar Appellate Litigation Section from 2017-2018. In 2014, Ms. Webster served as pro bono counsel for Nevadans for a Court of Appeals, a bi-partisan political action committee advocating for the creation of a court of appeals in Nevada, and received the Nevada State Bar’s “Volunteer of the Year” for her work in this regard. Additionally, Ms. Webster authored the “Court of Appeals” chapter in the Nevada Appellate Practice Manual.
While in law school, Ms. Webster served as an extern to Judge Kristen Mix in the United States District Court for the District of Colorado, to Justice Allison Eid in the Colorado Supreme Court, and to Judge Larry Hicks in the United States District Court for the District of Nevada.
Education & Credentials
University of Colorado Law SchoolJ.D., 2011
University of Nevada, RenoB.A., 2008
- magna cum laude
University of Nevada, RenoB.S., 2008
- with distinction
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Commercial Litigation, 2016-2023
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®
- Super Lawyer, 2022
- "Rising Star," Commercial Litigation, 2014-2021
- Nevada Business Magazine
- Legal Elite “Northern Nevada Best,” for Commercial Litigation and Appeals, 2013-2019
- State Bar of Nevada
- Volunteer of the Year Award, 2015
Obtained an affirmance by an en banc decision in an appeal before the Nevada Supreme Court concerning the dismissal of a university named as a defendant in a construction dispute.
Obtained an affirmance in an appeal before the Nevada Court of Appeals involving the grounds upon which a child support obligation may be terminated.
Obtained writ relief by an en banc decision in a writ petition before the Nevada Supreme Court addressing the scope of personal jurisdiction over a party not properly served.
Represented a Nevada property developer in an appeal before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in a lawsuit related to a real estate purchase and development transaction.
Served as pro bono counsel for Nevadans for a Court of Appeals, a bi-partisan political action committee comprised of thirteen Nevada senators and assemblypersons advocating for the creation of a court of appeals in Nevada.
- State Bar of Nevada Appellate Litigation Section, Chair (2017-2018) Chair-Elect (2016-2017), and Treasurer (2015)
- Northern Nevada Women Lawyers Association, Board Member (2013-2016) and Treasurer (2016)
- American Inns of Court, Bruce R. Thompson Chapter, Member (2012-2015)
- Nevada State Bar Young Lawyer Section, Member
- Washoe County Bar Association, Member
- Kidzone Children’s Museum of Truckee, California, Board of Directors, Member, 2021-present
- American Lung Association of Northern Nevada, Board Member, 2013-2016
- Indian Association of Northern Nevada, Member
- Co-Moderator, “An Evening With the Nevada Supreme Court,” Northern Nevada Women Lawyer’s Association and State Bar of Nevada Appellate Section, September 7, 2017
- Author, "Nevada Appellate Practice Manual: Court of Appeals chapter"
- Contributing Author, "Nevada Appellate Practice Manual: About the Appellate Courts chapter”
- Subject matter reviewer, Nevada Appellate Practice Manual
- Author, “Nevada’s New Court of Appeals,” Nevada Lawyer, January 2015
- Author, “NRAP 5 and the Intersection Between State Law and Federal Jurisdiction,” Nevada Lawyer, August 2013
- Interview, “Views From the Corner Office”, YLS Newsletter, March 2014
- Interview, “Views From the Corner Office”, YLS Newsletter, May 2014