- Ujczo, Daniel D.
- Media Mentions
Dan Ujczo (Member and Cross-Border Practice Group Chair, Columbus) spoke with USA Today for an article titled “Trump signs revised trade deal with Mexico, Canada but shuts Democrats out of celebration.” The article discusses the details of the timeline regarding the revised trade deal replacing NAFTA. Although it’s been signed into law, it won’t be put into force for several months, as Canada’s Parliament must still approve the deal and all three countries must submit notice that they have met all requirements under the deal, and develop uniform regulations that companies must use to comply with the agreement.
The development of the regulations is “the most painstaking, yet most important, part of the process,” Dan said. The parties have started working on the regulations, but some areas, such as new auto rules, will require significantly more work, he told the publication.
To read more, click here.
- August 19, 2020 Webinars Strategies for Easing Non-Essential Travel Restrictions at the Canada-US Border
- July 9, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode VI - Environmental Considerations and the Path Forward to a “Living” USMCA
- July 8, 2020 Webinars Vietnam and the Great Supply Chain Realignment
- July 2020 Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update July 6, 2020*
- June 25, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode V - Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, Competition and Regulatory Alignment
- June 11, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode IV - Digital, Intellectual Property and Technology Considerations Under USMCA
- May 28, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode III - Managing Your Products and People Across the USMCA Borders
- May 27, 2020 Industry Alerts Cross-Border Travel Between the U.S. and Mexico/Canada – Non-Essential Travel Restrictions Extended to June 22, 2020
- May 14, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode II - USMCA Customs Compliance and Automotive Rules of Origin