- Kolsrud, Russell A.
- In the News
Russell Kolsrud (Member, Phoenix) was recently mentioned in Law 360’s article, “UnitedHealth Fights 'Game-Changer' ERISA Class Action Loss.” United Behavioral Health (UBH) is fighting to process 67,000 claims after a judge vetoes insurer guidelines to cover behavioral health treatment. UBH is also appealing the underlying 2019 decision that the company's coverage guidelines were inconsistent with generally accepted standards of care, resulting in thousands of improper claim denials. The court's actions have put insurers in a potential line of fire to costly blowbacks if they use improper coverage guidelines. “The insurance industry is strong, well-funded and very powerful, and they know it… Now they've got to figure out how to deal with it,” says Russell. Click here to read more.
- November 30, 2020 Webinars Unmasking COVID’s Second Wave: ‘Deals’ in Masks, Gloves, Cleaning and other Solutions Present Contracting, Audit, Regulatory and Enforcement Risks
- November 17, 2020 In the News Chris Ryan Pens Article on Physician Noncompetition Agreements in Michigan for Healthcare Michigan
- August 25, 2020 Industry Alerts The OIG’s FAQs Related to COVID-19
- August 25, 2020 Industry Alerts Update to Summary of Amendments to ACA Rules: Federal Court Blocks Certain Changes
- July 29, 2020 Industry Alerts Michigan Governor Rescinds Some and Extends Other Scope of Practice Rules
- July 09, 2020 Industry Alerts Summary of Key Changes to Rules Implementing ACA Nondiscrimination Provisions
- July 01, 2020 Industry Alerts Michigan Expands Telehealth Coverage
- June 25, 2020 Industry Alerts New Case Law on When a Behavioral Health Professional May Testify as an Acquaintance Witness in a Commitment Proceeding
- June 12, 2020 Conferences Virtual Ann Arbor Healthcare Compliance Conference