- Dorton, William H.
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Will Dorton (Of Counsel, Lexington) was recently quoted in a Thomson Reuters article, “SEC Increases Focus on Climate Change Disclosures, Plans to Update Guidance.” This article urges public companies to step up in providing useful disclosures related to climate change. The SEC’s Division of Corporation of Finance (CorpFin) is increasing its scrutiny of disclosures related to climate change when reviewing public company filings under the direction of Acting Chair Allison Herren Lee. Lee was appointed acting chair in January by President Joe Biden and will serve as acting chair until his pick to lead the SEC, Gary Gensler, is confirmed by the Senate. “She has been an advocate of increased climate-related disclosures in the past and, with the change in administration, this seems like an opportune time to pull what levers she can,” said Will Dorton. Click here to read the full article.
- May 21, 2021 Media Mentions Will Dorton Quoted by Thomson Reuters on SEC Undertaking Disclosure Rulemaking on Climate Change and Workforce Management
- May 20, 2021 Media Mentions Jacob Frenkel Quoted by AdvisorHub on Legislation Supported by New SEC Chairman
- May 12, 2021 Media Mentions Frank Borger Gilligan Quoted by Benzinga on New Potential SEC Guidelines for NFTs
- April 16, 2021 Media Mentions Jacob Frenkel Quoted by Associated Press on Elon Musk Statements
- April 06, 2021 Industry Alerts SPAC Transactions Continue to Draw SEC’s Attention
- February 02, 2021 Media Mentions Jacob Frenkel Discusses GameStop Stock Saga with Multiple Major Media Outlets
- September 03, 2020 Industry Alerts SEC Expands Accredited Investor Definition, Giving Impetus to Private Markets
- June 30, 2020 Industry Alerts SEC Issues Supplemental COVID-19 Guidance on Disclosure Considerations Relating to Operations, Liquidity, and Capital Resources
- April 28, 2020 Industry Alerts SEC Provides Guidance to Broker-Dealers and Investment Advisers Regarding Examinations for Compliance with Regulation Best Interest and Form CRS