- Media Mentions
In the November 11th edition of The Lawyers Weekly, Cross-Border Business Development Director and Columbus Attorney Dan Ujczo wrote an article titled “New path to binational commerce”. The article discusses the need to break down the silos between the binational business and stakeholder groups in the world’s largest two-way trading relationship.
In the article, Mr. Ujczo discusses the U.S.-Canada S.A.G.E. (Strategies, Advocacy, Gateways, and Engagement), an initiative made up of nearly 60 U.S. and Canada trade associations that targets three areas surrounding the U.S.-Canada relationship:
- “Surge,” where the various Canada-U.S. entities will build consent/consensus on various key issues and collectively mobilize advocacy around such matters;
- Siege,” where the participants will identify issues that require greater analysis, research and consensus building within the Canada-U.S. stakeholder community and cooperate before “surging” to the respective governmental decision-makers; and
- “Structures” to enhance Canada-U.S. capacity and capabilities in areas of collaborative research, ongoing monitoring of progress, training of decision and policy makers and media research.
U.S.-Canada S.A.G.E. (Strategies, Advocacy, Gateways, and Engagement) initially convened this summer to chart a new path forward in bilateral relations. The parties convened again in early October to develop their “2017 Platform,” which will be presented to the government of Canada, the next U.S. administration, the next U.S. Congress and state/provincial leaders shortly after Inauguration Day on Jan. 20, 2017.
To read Mr. Ujczo’s complete article, please click here.
- February 3, 2021 Webinars It's Not too Late to Ask for Help: Options for Owners as the Pandemic (Hopefully) Winds Down
- February 2, 2021 Webinars CUSBA Presents 9th Annual Cross-Border Economic Forecast
- January 22, 2021 Media Mentions Jeffrey Silver, Gregory Gemignani, and Patrick Sullivan Quoted on Biden Administration Predictions
- January 21, 2021 Webinars Back to the Future: Biden’s Plans for Environmental Regulation and How it Affects Your Business
- January 20, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Assists Molded Devices Inc. in its acquisition of Phoenix Manufacturing Ltd.
- January 20, 2021 In the News Nan B. Braley Joins Dickinson Wright Austin Office
- January 19, 2021 Industry Alerts Ohio Governor Signs “Alternate Employer Organization” Legislation
- January 15, 2021 In the News Flavia Campbell Named a Top 100 Lawyer in Arizona by Az Business
- January 15, 2021 Industry Alerts An Important Clarification of the Duty of Honest Contractual Performance