- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
In the November 11th edition of The Lawyers Weekly, Cross-Border Business Development Director and Columbus Attorney Dan Ujczo wrote an article titled “New path to binational commerce”. The article discusses the need to break down the silos between the binational business and stakeholder groups in the world’s largest two-way trading relationship.
In the article, Mr. Ujczo discusses the U.S.-Canada S.A.G.E. (Strategies, Advocacy, Gateways, and Engagement), an initiative made up of nearly 60 U.S. and Canada trade associations that targets three areas surrounding the U.S.-Canada relationship:
- “Surge,” where the various Canada-U.S. entities will build consent/consensus on various key issues and collectively mobilize advocacy around such matters;
- Siege,” where the participants will identify issues that require greater analysis, research and consensus building within the Canada-U.S. stakeholder community and cooperate before “surging” to the respective governmental decision-makers; and
- “Structures” to enhance Canada-U.S. capacity and capabilities in areas of collaborative research, ongoing monitoring of progress, training of decision and policy makers and media research.
U.S.-Canada S.A.G.E. (Strategies, Advocacy, Gateways, and Engagement) initially convened this summer to chart a new path forward in bilateral relations. The parties convened again in early October to develop their “2017 Platform,” which will be presented to the government of Canada, the next U.S. administration, the next U.S. Congress and state/provincial leaders shortly after Inauguration Day on Jan. 20, 2017.
To read Mr. Ujczo’s complete article, please click here.
- December 15, 2022 Webinars Two New Tools to Enforce and Defend Your Company’s Trademark Rights
- December 07, 2022 Webinars Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court -- Let's Explore the New European Patent Universe
- December 07, 2022 Industry Alerts Kristen Hudson recently spoke at Illinois State Bar Association's "Advocacy in Arbitration Tips from an Arbitrator on How to Present Your Case."
- December 7, 2022 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named Grand Rapids Magazine 2022 Top Lawyers
- December 07, 2022 Industry Alerts Illinois Pollution Control Board Poised to Adopt Regulations Establishing PFAS Groundwater Standards
- November 30, 2022 In the News Forty Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named DBusiness 2023 Top Lawyers
- November 29, 2022 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2022 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- November 23, 2022 Industry Alerts Caleb Green recently spoke on the panel "The New Business Models: More Remote Work Brings More Significant Physical and Cybersecurity Issues"
- November 17, 2022 Industry Alerts Asset Protection Newsletter Series Presented by Dickinson Wright, PLLC