- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
In the November 11th edition of The Lawyers Weekly, Cross-Border Business Development Director and Columbus Attorney Dan Ujczo wrote an article titled “New path to binational commerce”. The article discusses the need to break down the silos between the binational business and stakeholder groups in the world’s largest two-way trading relationship.
In the article, Mr. Ujczo discusses the U.S.-Canada S.A.G.E. (Strategies, Advocacy, Gateways, and Engagement), an initiative made up of nearly 60 U.S. and Canada trade associations that targets three areas surrounding the U.S.-Canada relationship:
- “Surge,” where the various Canada-U.S. entities will build consent/consensus on various key issues and collectively mobilize advocacy around such matters;
- Siege,” where the participants will identify issues that require greater analysis, research and consensus building within the Canada-U.S. stakeholder community and cooperate before “surging” to the respective governmental decision-makers; and
- “Structures” to enhance Canada-U.S. capacity and capabilities in areas of collaborative research, ongoing monitoring of progress, training of decision and policy makers and media research.
U.S.-Canada S.A.G.E. (Strategies, Advocacy, Gateways, and Engagement) initially convened this summer to chart a new path forward in bilateral relations. The parties convened again in early October to develop their “2017 Platform,” which will be presented to the government of Canada, the next U.S. administration, the next U.S. Congress and state/provincial leaders shortly after Inauguration Day on Jan. 20, 2017.
To read Mr. Ujczo’s complete article, please click here.
- May 20, 2021 Seminars Suzanne Sukkar and Christy McDonald to Speak at the ICLE Labor & Employment Law Institute
- April 19, 2021 Industry Alerts DW-China Trade Update (37th Edition) | 迪克森律所中国团队简报 (第三十七期)
- April 19, 2021 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 17: Canada Continues Push for Single-Game Sports Betting
- April 19, 2021 Media Mentions Andrea Arndt Named to Crain's 2021 Notable Women in Law
- April 16, 2021 Industry Alerts Raising Unpreserved Issues on Appeal
- April 16, 2021 Industry Alerts Submitting Supplemental Authority
- April 16, 2021 Industry Alerts Tips for Filing Interlocutory Appeals in the Michigan Court of Appeals
- April 16, 2021 Media Mentions Jacob Frenkel Quoted by Associated Press on Elon Musk Statements
- April 15, 2021 In the News Catherine Hoffman and Gregory Mayback Named Top Lawyers by 2021 South Florida Legal Guide