- Ujczo, Daniel D.
- Media Mentions
In the November 11th edition of The Lawyers Weekly, Cross-Border Business Development Director and Columbus Attorney Dan Ujczo wrote an article titled “New path to binational commerce”. The article discusses the need to break down the silos between the binational business and stakeholder groups in the world’s largest two-way trading relationship.
In the article, Mr. Ujczo discusses the U.S.-Canada S.A.G.E. (Strategies, Advocacy, Gateways, and Engagement), an initiative made up of nearly 60 U.S. and Canada trade associations that targets three areas surrounding the U.S.-Canada relationship:
- “Surge,” where the various Canada-U.S. entities will build consent/consensus on various key issues and collectively mobilize advocacy around such matters;
- Siege,” where the participants will identify issues that require greater analysis, research and consensus building within the Canada-U.S. stakeholder community and cooperate before “surging” to the respective governmental decision-makers; and
- “Structures” to enhance Canada-U.S. capacity and capabilities in areas of collaborative research, ongoing monitoring of progress, training of decision and policy makers and media research.
U.S.-Canada S.A.G.E. (Strategies, Advocacy, Gateways, and Engagement) initially convened this summer to chart a new path forward in bilateral relations. The parties convened again in early October to develop their “2017 Platform,” which will be presented to the government of Canada, the next U.S. administration, the next U.S. Congress and state/provincial leaders shortly after Inauguration Day on Jan. 20, 2017.
To read Mr. Ujczo’s complete article, please click here.
- December 6, 2018 Webinars Telemedicine Hot Topics for Providers and Employers - What's Hot, What's Not, and What's New?
- November 2018 Industry Alerts What Employers Need to Know About Employee Marijuana Use Under Proposal 1
- November 2018 Industry Alerts What Voter Approval of Recreational Marihuana Means for Municipalities
- November 14, 2018 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Arizona Business Magazine as Leaders in their Industries
- November 14, 2018 In the News Attorney Craig Allison Joins Dickinson Wright's Silicon Valley Office as a Member
- November 14, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Brian Radnoff Featured in Canadian Lawyer Discussing His Move to Dickinson Wright
- November 13, 2018 In the News Lawyer Kristyn Annis Joins Dickinson Wright LLP in Toronto
- November 12, 2018 In the News Litigator Brian Radnoff Joins Dickinson Wright LLP as a Partner
- November 9, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Melissa Waite Quoted in Las Vegas Sun Article, "Resorts See Possibility of Marijuana Lounges as a Dilemma"