- Crownover, Derek C.
- Media Mentions
Derek Crownover (Member, Nashville) was recently quoted in a Bloomberg article titled “Hedge Fund’s Route to 30% Fees: Cash Advances to Hip-Hop Artists.” Because many musical artists must wait long periods of time for royalty checks, Sound Royalties, a West Palm Beach firm started within a unit of hedge-fund titan Jamie Dinan’s York Capital Management, has started offering cash advances to musicians. Unfortunately, some artists can end up paying rates of 30% or more.
These contracts allow “songwriters or artists to get some cash when virtually no one else will give it to you,” Derek told the publication. However, “the negatives are that the rates in some states could be usury if you do the math on it.”
- July 02, 2019 Media Mentions Crownover Quoted by Hollywood Reporter on Taylor Swift's Masters
- July 02, 2019 Media Mentions Derek Crownover Quoted by Billboard on Big Machine Sale
- May 31, 2019 Media Mentions Noah McPike Named to Billboard’s 2019 Country Power Players List
- May 17, 2019 In the News Derek Crownover Featured as Panelist in Music Business Roundtable
- April 25, 2019 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Tops Rankings in 2019 Chambers USA Guide; 42 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- April 15, 2019 In the News Ten Practices in Dickinson Wright's Phoenix Office Ranked in the 2019 Ranking Arizona Guide
- March 2019 In the News Derek Crownover and Cam Caldwell Negotiate Zach Crowell Catalog Sale
- March 18, 2019 In the News Noah McPike Closes Emily Landis Publishing Deal
- March 07, 2019 In the News Austen Adams Closes Christy McDonald Publishing Deal with Big Yellow Dog Music