- Walker, Kathleen Campbell.
- Media Mentions
Kathleen Campbell Walker was recently quoted in CNN Politics’ article, “What to Know About Texas Governor’s COVID Order Targeting Migrant Transport.” As of Gov. Greg Abbott’s recent Executive Order to direct the Texas Department of Public Safety to stop any vehicle if there is “reasonable suspicion” that it is transporting certain migrants, who illegally crossed the US-Mexico border or who would have been subject to expulsion under the Title 42 health order started by the Trump administration and continued by President Biden. On August 3, 2021, federal judge Kathleen Cardone in El Paso issued a temporary restraining order prohibiting Governor Abbott from acting on this order to have state troopers stop vehicles until August 13, when she will consider the U.S. Department of Justice’s request to issue a preliminary injunction of the state executive order.
This article discusses why Governor Abbott issued the order, if the order is legal, and how it will be enforced. As a former President of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Kathleen wondered how the department would train its officers in enforcing it based on her prior training of the El Paso County Sheriff’s department in 2006 regarding the enforcement of civil immigration laws due to a court settlement agreement. Click here to read the full article.
- September 22, 2021 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2021 Texas Super Lawyers
- September 14, 2021 Blogs COVID-19 Vaccinations Required for Green Card and Immigrant Visa Medical Exams Starting October 1, 2021
- August 09, 2021 Blogs Remote Work Policy: Immigration and Post-COVID
- July 30, 2021 Media Mentions Kathleen Campbell Walker Interviewed by Manage HR on Dickinson Wright's Immigration Practice
- July 13, 2021 Webinars Mark High and Kathleen Campbell Walker to Participate in CUSBA/AmCham Toronto "USMCA/CUSMA/T-MEC at One Year" Webinar
- June 17, 2021 Media Mentions Kathleen Campbell Walker Interviewed by Manage HR on Dickinson Wright's Immigration Practice
- May 20, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2021 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- May 20, 2021 Seminars Suzanne Sukkar and Christy McDonald to Speak at the ICLE Labor & Employment Law Institute
- April 08, 2021 In the News Suzanne Sukkar Featured in Minutes on the Matter on Anticipated Immigration Changes in 2021