- Lowenhar-Fisher, Kate C.
- Media Mentions
Kate Lowenhar-Fisher (Member and Gaming & Hospitality Practice Group Chair, Las Vegas) recently spoke with Casino.org for their article, “Justice Department May Follow Wire Act Appeal Ruling with Minor Action, Lawyers Say.” Following the First Circuit Court’s decision to reject the Justice Department’s controversial opinion on the scope of the Wire Act, the majority of the gaming law community, Kate included, believes the DOJ will conform to the decision with little to no additional comment. “I suspect the Biden DOJ will quietly abandon the case and withdraw the 2018 OLC memorandum,” said Kate. “The status quo post-2011 would be restored, and perhaps we could put an end to legislating gambling via memoranda.” To read more, click here.
- February 25, 2021 In the News Michael D. Lipton, Q.C. and Kathleen Campbell Walker Recognized in Chambers Global Guide 2021
- January 22, 2021 Media Mentions Jeffrey Silver, Gregory Gemignani, and Patrick Sullivan Quoted on Biden Administration Predictions
- December 21, 2020 Media Mentions Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Discusses Future of Wire Act Case with Gambling Compliance
- December 17, 2020 Industry Alerts UPDATED: Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 15: Gaming in the Biden Administration - What to Expect Next
- December 01, 2020 Media Mentions Jeffrey Silver Featured in Gaming America Magazine on Pandemic Silver Linings for Las Vegas
- October 27, 2020 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 14: Internal Revenue Service Makes Determination Regarding Tax Liability for Daily Fantasy Sports Operators and Potential Write-Offs for Players
- September 15, 2020 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in the 2021 Edition of Chambers Canada
- September 09, 2020 Media Mentions Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted by Boston Business Journal Regarding IRS Memo on Daily Fantasy Sport Entry Fee Taxes
- August 05, 2020 Industry Alerts Gaming and Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 13: Canadian Gaming Association’s Standards for Cashless Wagering