Michael Hammer (CEO and Member, Ann Arbor) was quoted in The American Lawyer discussing the opening of our Chicago office. The article, “As Merger Appetite Grows, Firms Focus on Matching Industries and Places”, discusses the 2021 trends in law firm mergers. Hammer said Stahl Cowen Crowley Addis’ focus on practices such as corporate, real estate, litigation and banking, as well as the opportunity to expand its reach in the upper Midwest and get a foothold in a money market like the Windy City, “just fit neatly into what our bread and butter is.” Hammer continued, “Geography doesn’t work unless you have the practice and industry overlap in it, at least from our perspective. You can go to a place, and if you don’t have the practice and industry opportunities—if it’s not going to up your game—it doesn’t matter that it’s close by.” Click here to read the full article.
Additionally, Hammer was also quoted in Law.com’s article, “Remote Work Aside, Geography Still Matters in Law Firm Mergers.” Click here to read.
- February 26, 2021 Media Mentions Caleb Green Joins Panel for National Bar Association's "Getting Started: Maximizing Your Finances" Webinar
- February 25, 2021 In the News Michael D. Lipton, Q.C. and Kathleen Campbell Walker Recognized in Chambers Global Guide 2021
- February 23, 2021 Media Mentions Scot Crow Interviewed on Elevate Your Grind Podcast
- February 23, 2021 Media Mentions Andrea Arndt Discusses COVID-19 Related Counterfeit Products with WWJ News Radio and Fox 2 News Detroit
- February 19, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Featured in The American Lawyer on 2020 Performance
- February 19, 2021 Media Mentions Yuri Chumak Quoted by Global News on The Tragically Hip's Lawsuit Against Mill St. Brewery
- February 18, 2021 Media Mentions Kimberly Ruppel Named to Children's Advocacy Centers of Michigan Board of Directors
- February 17, 2021 In the News Nan Braley Elected Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- February 16, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in the 2021 Edition of the WTR 1000