- Dorton, William H.
- Media Mentions
Will Dorton (Of Counsel, Lexington) was recently quoted in in the Financial Times’ Agenda Week 's article, "Majority-Female Directors — Not Your Grandfather’s Board." Only 22% of corporate board directors, globally, are women, according to figures from corporate governance research firm Diligent Institute. And only 7% of those boards are led by women. Dating app, Bumble CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd, at 31 will be one of the youngest female founders to take her company public. Bumble also stands out for having a much younger than the average age of 48.6 for board members, having three board members under the age of 40. It is expressed that seeing gender parity and diverse board composition is what will stick with onlookers, more so than diversity requirements. “There are a lot of trendy companies right now that were founded and are run by younger people who seem to be more receptive to addressing social issues through corporate action, and shifting board composition is a part of that,” Dorton says. Click here to read the full article.
- July 20, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Assists Giraffe Foods Inc. in its Acquisition of Lounsbury Foods, a leading North American manufacturer of horseradish and seafood cocktail sauce
- April 23, 2020 Industry Alerts Business Interruption Insurance and COVID-19 in Ontario
- April 23, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2020 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- April 2020 Industry Alerts Can a Force Majeure Clause Be Relied Upon in Light of the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- April 2020 Industry Alerts Practical Business Issues And COVID-19
- April 2, 2020 Conferences Dickinson Wright Sponsoring the 2020 Smart Business Dealmakers Conference
- April 2020 Industry Alerts UPDATED: Canada Provides Expanded Relief To All Businesses Responding To COVID-19 Pandemic
- March 2020 Industry Alerts Temporary Exemptive Relief from Certain Securities Regulatory Filing Requirements during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- March 2020 Industry Alerts The Crisis Lurking Within: Force Majeure and the Coronavirus