Sara Jodka (Of Counsel, Columbus) and Benjamin Sobczak (Member, Troy) were recently quoted in the article, “Marijuana legalization – what it means for employers,” for Crain’s Detroit Business. The article discusses the passage of Proposal 1 legalizing recreational pot use, purchase and possession for people 21 and older, and how that may affect the workplace.
Sara stated that "Most [employers in states with legal recreational pot] are stepping back and waiting to see how it plays out. A lot of employers thought employees would be coming to work with the giggles and the munchies. That hasn't happened."
Ben discussed the imprecise nature of marijuana testing and gray area for violating workplace drug policies. “A breathalyzer shows you're drunk right then and there," Sobczak said. "If you smoke pot on Saturday and go to work Monday and are not stoned at all, you're still going to ping a drug test for up to four weeks."
- July 10, 2019 In the News Benton Bodamer Teaches "Cannabiz" Course through The Ohio State Univerity's Drug Enforcement & Policy Center
- May 15, 2019 Media Mentions Medical Marijuana Article by Sara Jodka Published in Cannabis Business Times
- April 1, 2019 In the News Melissa Waite Named to National Law Journal's 2019 Cannabis Law Trailblazers List
- March 11, 2019 Media Mentions Wendy Hulton and Tim McCulloch Quoted in Canadian Lawyer Article About “Green Gold Rush”
- February 26, 2019 Media Mentions Benton Bodamer Quoted in Construction Dive Article on Cannabis Laws Impacting the Industry
- February 2019 Media Mentions Scot Crow Discusses Family Offices In Cannabis Investment Industry with Buyouts Magazine
- December 2018 Media Mentions Benton B. Bodamer Quoted in Houston Chronicle Article on the Effect of Mexican and Canadian Marijuana Laws on Texas
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Tax Court Rules Against Cannabis Dispensary
- November 9, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Melissa Waite Quoted in Las Vegas Sun Article, "Resorts See Possibility of Marijuana Lounges as a Dilemma"