Aloft Detroit at the David Whitney Building, 1 Park Avenue, Detroit, Michigan
Informational Luncheon & Panel Discussion of the NAFTA 2.0 Negotiations: A Tripartite Discussion
When: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Registration & Informal Lunch: 11:30 a.m.
Program: 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Location: Aloft Detroit at the David Whitney Building
1 Park Avenue
The U.S.A., Canada and Mexico face a number of joint challenges as they go about the balancing act of renegotiating NAFTA 2.0. Each country is working on defending their existing market access outlined in NAFTA as it exists today while working together on updating the NAFTA 2.0 agreement to meet the requirements of a 21st-century economy.
Can Each Country Find a Deal that Allows them to:
•Adopt a transparent, trilateral approach
•Facilitate cross-border mobiity of business people
•Maintain and enhance access for goods
•Encourage Innovation and digital trade while protecting intellectual property and culture
•Modernize the agreement to today’s business realities and standards
• In addition to many other unique requirements that the US, Canada and Mexico are each seeking
CUSBA NAFTA 2.0 Panelists Include:
•Andrea van Vugt – Vice President Policy North America – Business Council of Canada and a specialist in bilateral and trilateral trade issues with the US and Mexico.
•Jim Dickmeyer – North American Competitiveness Fellow at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars and served as Consul General of the United States of America in Toronto from 2012 to 2015.
•Edmundo Elíasttorney – Partnerat Cacheaux, Cavazos & Newton in the Guadalajara office of and a principal advisor to the Mexican private sector on the NAFTA discussions.
Dickinson Wright is a Gold Sponsor of this event. Please register today by clicking here.
CUSBA – Canada – US Business Association has provided leadership and foresight since 1992 as one of the premier voices for the Canadian and American business communities. We are a nonprofit, non-partisan, issues – oriented business association focused on issues affecting Canada and the United States. We are a key voice for small, medium and large businesses in the world’s most prosperous cross border relationship. Established in Detroit, Michigan / Windsor, Ontario our members are business leaders and stakeholders from both sides of the international border.
- October 25, 2018 Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host Sunrise Seminar on "The Top 10 Insider Tips for Operating a Gold Standard 401(k) and 403(b) Retirement Plan"
- October 16, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in Benchmark Litigation 2019
- October 15, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Dan Ujczo Interviewed on CBC Regarding the USMCA
- October 12, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Ted Citrome Quoted in Lexpert Article on "Canadian Firms at Risk for US Taxes"
- October 12, 2018 Industry Alerts UPDATE: US Issues New Guidance for Canadian Travelers Involved in Legal Cannabis Industry
- October 12, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kathleen Campbell Walker Quoted in Law 360 Article “TN Visas Survive Trade Deal, But Challenges May Remain”
- October 10, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright's Employment Practice Recognized on the Phoenix Business Journal Law Practices List
- October 9, 2018 Webinars Property Tax Assessments -- How to Maintain Positive Cash Flow After Period of Economic Growth Webinar on October 9, 2018
- October 5, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Ned Levitt Recently Contributed to the “Getting the Deal Through – Franchise 2019” Publication