Aloft Detroit at the David Whitney Building, 1 Park Avenue, Detroit, Michigan
Informational Luncheon & Panel Discussion of the NAFTA 2.0 Negotiations: A Tripartite Discussion
When: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Registration & Informal Lunch: 11:30 a.m.
Program: 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Location: Aloft Detroit at the David Whitney Building
1 Park Avenue
The U.S.A., Canada and Mexico face a number of joint challenges as they go about the balancing act of renegotiating NAFTA 2.0. Each country is working on defending their existing market access outlined in NAFTA as it exists today while working together on updating the NAFTA 2.0 agreement to meet the requirements of a 21st-century economy.
Can Each Country Find a Deal that Allows them to:
•Adopt a transparent, trilateral approach
•Facilitate cross-border mobiity of business people
•Maintain and enhance access for goods
•Encourage Innovation and digital trade while protecting intellectual property and culture
•Modernize the agreement to today’s business realities and standards
• In addition to many other unique requirements that the US, Canada and Mexico are each seeking
CUSBA NAFTA 2.0 Panelists Include:
•Andrea van Vugt – Vice President Policy North America – Business Council of Canada and a specialist in bilateral and trilateral trade issues with the US and Mexico.
•Jim Dickmeyer – North American Competitiveness Fellow at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars and served as Consul General of the United States of America in Toronto from 2012 to 2015.
•Edmundo Elíasttorney – Partnerat Cacheaux, Cavazos & Newton in the Guadalajara office of and a principal advisor to the Mexican private sector on the NAFTA discussions.
Dickinson Wright is a Gold Sponsor of this event. Please register today by clicking here.
CUSBA – Canada – US Business Association has provided leadership and foresight since 1992 as one of the premier voices for the Canadian and American business communities. We are a nonprofit, non-partisan, issues – oriented business association focused on issues affecting Canada and the United States. We are a key voice for small, medium and large businesses in the world’s most prosperous cross border relationship. Established in Detroit, Michigan / Windsor, Ontario our members are business leaders and stakeholders from both sides of the international border.
- July 20, 2018 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Northern California Super Lawyers
- July 20, 2018 In the News Lisa D. Duran Named a 2018 Most Influential Woman in Arizona Business
- July 18, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Alan Litwack Quoted in the Marijuana Business Daily Article “Cannabis Boom or Bust: How US Firms Could be Affected by Canada’s Adult-Use Market”
- July 17, 2018 In the News Attorney Blair Gould Joins Dickinson Wright's Troy Office
- July 16, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Featured in Video Relating to the Recent Legalization of Sports Betting
- July 15- 16, 2018 Special Events Sparky Anderson CATCH Charity Golf Prelude Party and Golf Classic
- July 2018 Industry Alerts California’s Data Privacy Law: What It Is and How to Comply (A Step-By-Step Guide)
- July 2018 Industry Alerts New Section 301 Tariffs Proposed for $200 Billion of Chinese Goods
- July 12, 2018 In the News Attorney Rock Wood Joins Dickinson Wright's Grand Rapids Office