Gaylord National Harbor, 201 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, Maryland, 20745
Please join us for the informative and exciting conference! Kate Lowenhar-Fisher (Member, Las Vegas) will be a featured speaker and panelist at the Sports Lawyers Association's 44th Annual Conference. Kate will speak on the panel, "Supreme Court Sports Betting Case: Issues and Future Directions".
Register today by clicking here.
2018 Conference Overview
Who Should Attend?
The SLA Annual Conference is designed for attorneys, agents and other representatives of professional athletes, professional sports teams and leagues, players associations, stadium and arena authorities, and operators, amateur sports and intercollegiate organizations, students and professors of sports law; educators; and all others generally interested in the field of sports law.
What's the Format?
You will have time to ask questions after the individual presentations or panel discussions. There will be social events and other opportunities to meet speakers, SLA Board members, and other registrants, as well as to learn about the Sports Lawyers Association.
What If I'm only Attending the NFLPA Certified Contract Advisor Session?
Registration for the SLA Annual Conference covers all educational sessions, as well as the NFL Certified Contract Advisor Session. There is no separate, single fee for this specific session. Questions regarding your individual NFLPA requirements should be directed to the NFLPA office in Washington, DC.
Is This Conference Tax Deductible?
Income tax deductions for expenses of education, including travel, meals, lodging, and registration fees, undertaken to maintain and improve professional skills are allowed under Treas. Reg. 1.162.5 and Coughlin v. Commissioner, 203 F 2nd 307, and subject to the tax reform act of 1986.
The conference attire will be business casual.
Conference handouts will be accessible on online as well through the Conference mobile app.
On-Site CLE Questions
A representative will be present to answer specific CLE questions.
- May 17, 2019 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12, Number 3
- May 13 - 15, 2019 Conferences Casino eSports Conference at the 2019 ICE North America Conference
- April 25, 2019 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Tops Rankings in 2019 Chambers USA Guide; 42 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- April 15, 2019 Media Mentions Chantal Cipriano Quoted by Law Times on Single Event Sports Betting in Ontario
- April 15, 2019 Media Mentions Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted by Law360 Discussing Sports Betting
- April 2019 Media Mentions Greg Gemignani Quoted by Native Business Discussing Pearl River Resort
- March 19, 2019 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Newsletter: Volume 12, Number 2
- March 18, 2019 Media Mentions Chantal Cipriano Quoted in SBC Americas Discussing Single Bet Sports Wagering in Canada
- March 2019 Media Mentions Greg Gemignani Quoted in Fantini's Public Policy Review Article Discussing ESports Betting Bans