Gaylord National Harbor, 201 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, Maryland, 20745
Please join us for the informative and exciting conference! Kate Lowenhar-Fisher (Member, Las Vegas) will be a featured speaker and panelist at the Sports Lawyers Association's 44th Annual Conference. Kate will speak on the panel, "Supreme Court Sports Betting Case: Issues and Future Directions".
Register today by clicking here.
2018 Conference Overview
Who Should Attend?
The SLA Annual Conference is designed for attorneys, agents and other representatives of professional athletes, professional sports teams and leagues, players associations, stadium and arena authorities, and operators, amateur sports and intercollegiate organizations, students and professors of sports law; educators; and all others generally interested in the field of sports law.
What's the Format?
You will have time to ask questions after the individual presentations or panel discussions. There will be social events and other opportunities to meet speakers, SLA Board members, and other registrants, as well as to learn about the Sports Lawyers Association.
What If I'm only Attending the NFLPA Certified Contract Advisor Session?
Registration for the SLA Annual Conference covers all educational sessions, as well as the NFL Certified Contract Advisor Session. There is no separate, single fee for this specific session. Questions regarding your individual NFLPA requirements should be directed to the NFLPA office in Washington, DC.
Is This Conference Tax Deductible?
Income tax deductions for expenses of education, including travel, meals, lodging, and registration fees, undertaken to maintain and improve professional skills are allowed under Treas. Reg. 1.162.5 and Coughlin v. Commissioner, 203 F 2nd 307, and subject to the tax reform act of 1986.
The conference attire will be business casual.
Conference handouts will be accessible on online as well through the Conference mobile app.
On-Site CLE Questions
A representative will be present to answer specific CLE questions.
- August 15, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News : Volume 11, Number 7
- August 1, 2018 In the News Attorney Melissa Waite Joins Dickinson Wright's Las Vegas Office
- July 27, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 11, Number 6
- July 16, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Featured in Video Relating to the Recent Legalization of Sports Betting
- June 22, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in the U.K.’s Daily Mail Article Regarding the Legalization of Sports Betting in the United States
- May 31, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 11, Number 5
- May 18, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in the USA Today Article “Sports betting: Congress may try to regulate, but passage of any legislation is a long shot”
- May 14, 2018 Industry Alerts Now That PASPA Has Fallen, What Does This Mean For The States?
- May 1, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in Article on US Supreme Court Sports Betting Case