Gaylord National Harbor, 201 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, Maryland, 20745
Please join us for the informative and exciting conference! Kate Lowenhar-Fisher (Member, Las Vegas) will be a featured speaker and panelist at the Sports Lawyers Association's 44th Annual Conference. Kate will speak on the panel, "Supreme Court Sports Betting Case: Issues and Future Directions".
Register today by clicking here.
2018 Conference Overview
Who Should Attend?
The SLA Annual Conference is designed for attorneys, agents and other representatives of professional athletes, professional sports teams and leagues, players associations, stadium and arena authorities, and operators, amateur sports and intercollegiate organizations, students and professors of sports law; educators; and all others generally interested in the field of sports law.
What's the Format?
You will have time to ask questions after the individual presentations or panel discussions. There will be social events and other opportunities to meet speakers, SLA Board members, and other registrants, as well as to learn about the Sports Lawyers Association.
What If I'm only Attending the NFLPA Certified Contract Advisor Session?
Registration for the SLA Annual Conference covers all educational sessions, as well as the NFL Certified Contract Advisor Session. There is no separate, single fee for this specific session. Questions regarding your individual NFLPA requirements should be directed to the NFLPA office in Washington, DC.
Is This Conference Tax Deductible?
Income tax deductions for expenses of education, including travel, meals, lodging, and registration fees, undertaken to maintain and improve professional skills are allowed under Treas. Reg. 1.162.5 and Coughlin v. Commissioner, 203 F 2nd 307, and subject to the tax reform act of 1986.
The conference attire will be business casual.
Conference handouts will be accessible on online as well through the Conference mobile app.
On-Site CLE Questions
A representative will be present to answer specific CLE questions.
- Conferences 2018 Villanova Moorad Sports Law Journal Symposium on April 13, 2018
- Conferences Sports Lawyers Association 42nd Annual Conference
- Webinars Unmasking COVID’s Second Wave: ‘Deals’ in Masks, Gloves, Cleaning and other Solutions Present Contracting, Audit, Regulatory and Enforcement Risks
- December 21, 2020 Media Mentions Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Discusses Future of Wire Act Case with Gambling Compliance
- December 17, 2020 Industry Alerts UPDATED: Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 15: Gaming in the Biden Administration - What to Expect Next
- December 01, 2020 Media Mentions Jeffrey Silver Featured in Gaming America Magazine on Pandemic Silver Linings for Las Vegas
- October 27, 2020 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 14: Internal Revenue Service Makes Determination Regarding Tax Liability for Daily Fantasy Sports Operators and Potential Write-Offs for Players
- September 15, 2020 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in the 2021 Edition of Chambers Canada
- September 09, 2020 Media Mentions Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted by Boston Business Journal Regarding IRS Memo on Daily Fantasy Sport Entry Fee Taxes