- Ujczo, Daniel D.
Automation Alley, 2675 Bellingham Drive, Troy, Michigan, 48083
Thursday, September 28, 2017
from: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
at: Automation Alley
2675 Bellingham Drive,
Troy, MI 48083
Join Dickinson Wright, Baker Tilly and collaborating entities as we explore and gain greater clarity of the possible ramifications of trade policy changes for companies who are based or have operations in the U.S., Mexico, Canada or Germany. This half-day conference will feature key insights, topic-specific sessions and the opportunity to network with industry leaders. There is no charge to attend, however, registration is required.
8:00 a.m. Registration/Breakfast/Networking
8:30 a.m. Welcome
8:35 a.m. Keynote – Jeff Jorge
Title: Thriving in uncertain times: Strategies for international growth under U.S. trade policy
Summary: During this interactive session, Jeff Jorge explores current trade policy trends and their potential impact on organizations in the near- and long-term. Leveraging historical perspectives, corollary market examples and real-world experiences, this session aims to empower corporate leaders amidst a highly dynamic global environment. Session attendees can expect to gain insights, practical tools and actionable techniques to apply in a wide range of diverging global scenarios, and to better positioning one’s business to thrive globally during uncertain times.
9:15 a.m. Featured speaker – Mike Jackson, OESA – Executive Director, Strategy & Research
Title: Retooling for Growth in Dynamic Markets
Market Outlook: U.S. sales through July remain strong by historical standards, down 2.9% from record demand levels of 2016, yet this modest decline masks the deteriorating quality of vehicles sales and the growing chasm between car and truck results. Light trucks account for 3.5% growth to date while the outlook for passenger cars is far more bleak with demand plunging 11.7%.
Strategy: Dramatic shifts in consumer preferences will continue to unleash tremendous changes for the industry that will require sound strategic planning to navigate pitfalls and chart a viable course to success. Resource scarcity in terms of talent, capital, and time will require suppliers to elevate their due diligence efforts and assess future opportunities from new perspectives. Suppliers can benefit by positioning to capitalize on growth trends within utility product categories while leveraging consumer demand for broader luxury portfolios.
Flexibility: Suppliers must leverage recent record light vehicle sales and production levels to bolster their financial position. Greater liquidity will empower suppliers to expand their field of opportunities and mitigate the impact of future market uncertainty.
10:15 a.m. Break
10:30 a.m. Panel discussion
Summary: NAFTA and the interplay among key global economies (U.S., Germany, Mexico & Canada) with strength in the automotive industry.
Moderator: Scott Dupuis, Collins Barrow
11:45 a.m. Networking and optional lunch to follow.
This event is sponsored by DW attorneys Jim Plemmons (Member and Practice Department Manager: Automotive, Bankruptcy & Insolvency and Product Liability Litigation, Detroit) and Jason Klingensmith (Member, Detroit). Featured speaker will be Dan Ujczo (Of Counsel and Cross-Border Business Development Director, Columbus).
- August 15, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Wendy Hulton Interviewed on City TV
- August 15, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News : Volume 11, Number 7
- August 15, 2018 In the News 169 Dickinson Wright Attorneys Ranked in Best Lawyers in America® 2019
- August 15, 2018 In the News Thirteen Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America® 2019 Lawyers of the Year
- August 14, 2018 In the News Attorney Stephen Mason Joins Dickinson Wright's Austin Office as a Member
- August 13, 2018 In the News Intellectual Property Attorney Nicholas Angelocci Joins Dickinson Wright's Troy Office
- August 8, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright Names Five Attorneys as Division Directors
- August 7, 2018 In the News Attorney Kathryn Wood Named a "2018 Women in the Law" Honoree by Michigan Lawyers Weekly
- August 7, 2018 In the News Attorney Michael Feder Elected Board Member of Two Las Vegas Organizations