- Hamilton, K. Scott
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
3 p.m. to 5 p.m. (EST)
Dickinson Wright attorney, K. Scott Hamilton (Member, Detroit) will present at the Knowledge Congress’ webcast entitled: “Why It is Advantageous to Use Appellate Attorneys for Cases on Appeal Live Webcast.”
Appellate practice requires skills distinct from trial practice. The development of issues for appellate consideration requires a different perspective from the points raised in litigation. Depending on the level of appellate court and the composition of the appellate bench, it’s often advantageous to have a fresh review of the record to identify those issues that will be of interest to a particular court and to present the ramifications of the case in the most persuasive fashion. At the appellate level, competent brief writing is essential to present the main points with clarity and logic that strikes a chord of justice. States’ highest courts and federal appellate courts are frequently concerned with the policy consequences of a decision and this a topic not generally addressed at the trial level. The benefits of using experienced appellate counsel as the primary attorney or as a consultant can greatly enhance the potential for success.
This webinar will cover:
· How to best analyze and identify the strongest points for appellate development
· Key considerations in drafting an appellate brief
· The value of editing and understanding modern judicial legal-writing preferences
· How to best prepare for oral argument
· Persuasive presentation techniques for oral argument
· How to best involve your client during preparation of an appellate case
- December 6, 2018 Webinars Telemedicine Hot Topics for Providers and Employers - What's Hot, What's Not, and What's New?
- November 2018 Industry Alerts What Employers Need to Know About Employee Marijuana Use Under Proposal 1
- November 2018 Industry Alerts What Voter Approval of Recreational Marihuana Means for Municipalities
- November 14, 2018 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Arizona Business Magazine as Leaders in their Industries
- November 14, 2018 In the News Attorney Craig Allison Joins Dickinson Wright's Silicon Valley Office as a Member
- November 14, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Brian Radnoff Featured in Canadian Lawyer Discussing His Move to Dickinson Wright
- November 13, 2018 In the News Lawyer Kristyn Annis Joins Dickinson Wright LLP in Toronto
- November 12, 2018 In the News Litigator Brian Radnoff Joins Dickinson Wright LLP as a Partner
- November 9, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Melissa Waite Quoted in Las Vegas Sun Article, "Resorts See Possibility of Marijuana Lounges as a Dilemma"