Dickinson Wright has extensive experience representing financial institutions in connection with complex tax- advantaged financings in the municipal, health care, higher education, nonprofit, economic development, energy and other qualifying sectors. We assist our lending clients with the structuring of tax advantaged financings to achieve the project goals and maximize available tax incentives within the parameters of those goals.
Some of our areas of expertise include:
- Issuance of letters of credit or standby bond purchase agreements for the credit enhancement of bonds.
- Purchase of tax-exempt or tax credit municipal bonds by lenders in private placement transactions.
- Lending to state and local units of government, including installment purchase contracts, leases, cash flow borrowings and tax increment financings.
- Loans made in connection with the new market tax credit, Brownfield tax credit, historic tax credit and similar tax credit financings.
- Loans made in connection with renewable energy projects.
- Loans made in connection with a wide variety of economic development projects which leverage federal, state and local economic development tools.