Real estate development is complicated by a number of rules and regulations relating to zoning, land use, water rights and other issues. Dickinson Wright has in-depth knowledge of the legal matters involved in real estate development through our representation of developers, retailers, municipalities and other public entities; corporations (nonprofit and for profit), schools, hospitals, wind farm developers and Indian tribes.
Our team’s expertise and experience spans all types of real estate development projects, including: retail, office buildings, hotels, automobile dealerships, sports and entertainment facilities, hospitals, schools, wind farms, utilities, casinos, industrial buildings, single and multi-family residential development, mixed use developments, senior citizen developments, student housing and corporate headquarters. Dickinson Wright is proud to offer prompt, cost effective and creative resolutions to our clients’ real estate development needs.
Some of the areas of expertise within the development & land use practice include:
- Providing assistance with zoning, site plan and special land use approvals and sign approvals.
- Helping with issues relating to environmental regulations, wetlands, water rights and regulatory compliance.
- Assisting with site development agreements, annexation, subdivision, access and utility easements; reciprocal easement and operating agreements, land division, farmland development agreements, conservation easements and development incentives.
- Providing counsel on regulatory issues relating to condominiums and cooperatives.
- Providing counsel on green building, wind rights, oil and gas, and mineral rights.