Banks and other financial institutions operate today in an increasingly complex marketplace with rapidly-changing competitive, technological and economic environments. With more than a century of experience in the financial services industry and offices throughout the United States and in Canada, Dickinson Wright understands the role of banks locally, nationally and internationally, the needs they serve and the unique challenges and issues facing the industry.
Some of the banking & financial services practice’s areas of expertise include:
- General banking, including: regulatory issues; capital markets transactions; mergers and acquisitions; shareholder relations and communications.
- Financing transactions, including: syndicated; senior and mezzanine; synthetic financing transactions; multi-national and other cross-border transactions; leveraged; acquisition and recapitalization; alternative energy; project and specialized collateral; recapitalizations; debtor-in-possession financing; securitizations; structured finance; asset-based; ESOP loans; leasing.
- Other banking transactions and products, including: swaps and other derivatives; commercial and standby letters of credit; treasury management and investment.
- Purchase/provision of credit enhancement for industrial development bonds, other tax advantaged financing, and bonds and loans to regulated entities.
- Trusts (personal and corporate), including: establishment and administration of common trust funds and other collective investment funds; mutual funds, pensions and employee benefit programs.
- Acquisitions of troubled financial institutions.