University of California, BerkeleyB.S., 2001
University of Minnesota Law SchoolJ.D., 2009
- 2014 Hot List, DC Lawyers of Color
- IP Moot Court, University of Minnesota
- Recognized for Law-related Public Service
- Visteon Global Technologies
- Hewlett Packard
- Magna Powertrain, Inc.
- Jervis B. Webb
- Lawrence Technological University
- Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Eko Flood USA
- Michigan Health Information Network Shared Services
Drafted patent applications and prosecuting applications, domestically and internationally in a wide area of technologies, including:
- OEM circuitry/applications
- Graphical User Interfaces/Human Machine Interfaces
- Network technology and advertising applications
- Display Technologies
- Video Streaming
- General manufacturing
- Biomedical Devices
Counseled a Fortune 500 first-tier automotive supplier on patent strategy, including determination of patentability and management of a patent portfolio.
Provided litigation support in various patent related matters, including analyzing an asserting party's complaint, providing recommendations and likelihood of success of asserted claims, and negotiating with opposing counsel.
Provided analysis, recommendations, and counseling in patent litigation to limit the release of proprietary technological and product designs.
Successfully negotiated favorable contract terms for a patent owner in a licensing matter involving a major Ivy League research institution and a large biotechnology company.
Performed due diligence and review of patent licensing matters related to research/development and technology acquisitions.
Counseled client in all facets of due diligence of patent acquisitions in an M&A consolidation.
Drafted non-infringement, freedom-to-operate, and other opinions related to commercial and patent issues.
Conducted due diligence associated with ESOP transactions.
- South Asian Bar Association (SABA)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- California Alumni Association - Washington DC
- Volunteered for International Rescue Committee
- Former chairman of a city-wide charity basketball tournament run by the University of Minnesota's Law School Basketball Association (LBA)
Prior Professional Experience
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Ramaswamy worked in Silicon Valley as an integrated circuit (IC) senior design engineer at Atmel Corporation for five years. During Mr. Ramaswamy’s career as an IC design engineer, he supported the manufacturing, design, testing, and marketing of several products, including non-volatile memory. Atmel is a leading producer of semiconductor chips in the memory, microcontroller, and touch sensing industries.
Mr. Ramaswamy’s experience also includes working in power electronics as an applications engineer (Power Integration) and software development. Mr. Ramaswamy’s engineering coursework at the University of California at Berkeley covered IC design (analog/digital), digital signal processing, computer architecture, radio-frequency IC design, as well as general engineering, electrical engineering and computer science.