Wayne State UniversityB.S., 1996
Wayne State University Law SchoolJ.D., 2001
- WSU Law Women Lawyers Association, President
- Law Clerk, Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office (CFAB Unit)
- Michigan Lawyer's Weekly, "Women in the Law" Honoree, 2017
- Wolverine Bar Association, "Member of the Year", 2016-2017
- Michigan Super Lawyers, “Rising Star” 2010-2011
- Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly Up & Coming Lawyer for 2009
- YMCA John Copeland Legacy Award - 2006
- American Pharmaceutical Ingredients
- AT&T Inc.
- CitiMortgage, Inc.
- Detroit Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Detroit Thermal Systems, LLC
- Ford Motor Company
- JPMorgan Chase
- MGM Grand Detroit, LLC
- New Paradigm for Education, Inc.
- Redford Union Public Schools
Successfully first-chaired a residential construction trial resulting in substantial monetary judgment for the client.
Successfully second-chaired a pension fund contribution trial which resulted in the defendant receiving significant attorneys fees and costs.
Obtained summary judgment in numerous age, race, disability and gender discrimination cases.
Counseled and obtained judgment in favor of the employer in several ERISA matters.
Represented clients in collective and class actions.
Represented clients in federal and state court with respect to unlawful discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful discharge, ADA/ disability, FLSA, FMLA defamation, breach of contract and ERISA claims.
MDCR and EEOC claim defense, including position statements, mediation and conciliation.
Counseled and represented clients in relation to unemployment compensation claims.
Counseled clients on hiring, discipline, and termination issues.
Experience in conducting workplace investigations.
- American Bar Association
- Detroit Bar Association, Board Member
- Federal Bar Association, Pro Bono Committee, Co-Chair
- State Bar of Michigan, Pro Bono Initiative, Member
- Wolverine Bar Association, Summer Clerkship Program Committee and Scholarship Committee, member
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- Planning, Facilitating and Presenting at Dickinson Wright Labor and Employment Sunrise Seminars
- Co-Presenter, Federal Bar Association’s “Employment Law Clinic for Pro Se Litigants” (2010)
- Co-Presenter, “Yes, You Can Navigate the Maze of the New Health Care Reform Act” (2010)
- Co-Presenter, “Religion in the Workplace: An Overview” (2006)