Wayne State UniversityB.S., 1996
Wayne State University Law SchoolJ.D., 2001
- Women Lawyers Association, President
- Law Clerk, Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office (CFAB Unit)
- Michigan Super Lawyers, “Rising Star” 2010-2011
- Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly Up & Coming Lawyer for 2009
- YMCA John Copeland Legacy Award - 2006
- AT&T Inc.
- Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Detroit Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Ford Motor Company
- JPMorgan Chase
- MGM Grand Detroit, LLC
- New Paradigm for Education, Inc.
- Pinnacle Airlines Corporation
- Redford Union Public Schools
- Target Corporation
Successfully first-chaired a residential construction trial resulting in an over $65,000 judgment for the client.
Successfully second-chaired a pension fund contribution trial which resulted in the defendant receiving attorneys fees and costs totaling over $33,000.
Obtained summary judgments in several age, race, disability and gender discrimination cases.
Counseled and obtained judgment in favor of the employer in several ERISA matters.
Represented clients in federal and state court with respect to unlawful discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful discharge, FLSA, defamation, breach of contract and ERISA claims.
MDCR and EEOC claim defense, including position statements, mediation and conciliation.
Counseled and represented clients in relation to unemployment compensation claims.
Counseled clients on hiring, discipline, and termination issues.
- American Bar Association
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Pro Bono Committee, Co-Chair
- State Bar of Michigan, Litigation Council, member
- United Methodist Retirement Communities, Board of Trustees
- Wolverine Bar Association, Summer Clerkship Program Committee and Scholarship Committee, member
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- Co-Presenter, Federal Bar Association’s “Employment Law Clinic for Pro Se Litigants” (2010)
- Co-Presenter, “Yes, You Can Navigate the Maze of the New Health Care Reform Act” (2010)
- Co-Presenter, “Religion in the Workplace: An Overview” (2006)