Member & Gaming Practice Leader
Extensive hearing practice before the Michigan Gaming Control Board.
Drafting referendum approved amendment to Michigan Constitution.
Drafting of legislative amendments to the Michigan Compiled Laws.
Drafting regulations implementing legislation.
Drafting of motions, briefs, and opinion memoranda in diverse areas of insurance coverage, regulatory and gaming matters, and general and commercial business matters.
Aruze Gaming America, Inc.
County Road Association Self-Insurance Fund
Everi Holdings Inc.
Konami Gaming, Inc.
Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services
Michigan State University Foundation
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Immediate Past Chair, Gaming Law Committee, American Bar Association
- Chair of the ABA Annual Program on Gaming Enforcement, The Gaming Law Minefield
- International Masters of Gaming Law, Founding Member and Past President
International Association of Gaming Advisors, Member
- Gaming Law Review and Economics, Editorial Board Member
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School: Adjunct Professor teaching Business Organizations (2001-present), Business Planning (1984-present), Gaming Law (1997-present), and Alternative Insurance Programs (2013-present)
- The Thomas M. Cooley Law School Legal Authors Society, President (2009-2014)
- American Inns of Court (Thomas M. Cooley Law School Chapter, 1999-present; President, 2000-2002)
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Cases Involving Casino Businesses, Collier Guide to Chapter 11 Practice (2010)
- Co-Author, "Gambling with Bankruptcy: Navigating a Casino through Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Proceedings," Drake Law Review, Vol. 57, 2009
- Co-Author, " The Child Protection Registry Acts: Feel Good Legislation Run Amok," 2007
- Author, Michigan Detroit Casino Supplier and Occupational Licensing Process, 2007
- "Remedying the Lose-Lose Game of Compulsive Gambling: Voluntary Exclusions, Mandatory Exclusions, or an Alternative Method?" The John Marshall Law Review, Volume 40, Summer 2007
- The Michigan Gaming Law Legal Resource Book, co-editor
- Author, Captive Insurance Manual
- Co-Author, Guidebook to Conducting Business in Michigan
- American Gaming Summit, co-author, "Overview of Gaming in Michigan"
- Law Clerk, Hon. W. Wallace Kent, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for Western Michigan (1968-70)