Michigan State UniversityB.S., 1987
University of DetroitJ.D., 1993
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America - Patent Law
Representation of OEM in connection with divestiture of Military related IP assets.
Representation of OEM in connection with Global Vehicle Design and Assembly Agreement.
IP Attorney - Major OEM representation of supplier bankruptcy and licensing issues.
Representation of Tier 1 Automotive Supplier in Divestiture of IP Assets.
Division IP Counsel- Major Automotive Supplier; Preparation/Prosecution of Electrical and Electromechanical Products.
Preparation and Prosecution of Mechanical and Electromechanical Products for Prominent Industrial Material Handling Corporation.
Division Counsel, Assistant Secretary, and Executive Committee Member for Tier 1 automotive supplier having responsibilities including all divisional related legal matters.
Successfully defended major Tier 1 automotive supplier in dispute resolution over technical assistance agreement.
Successfully led IP and engineering team in the due diligence and acquisition of major IP assets and equipment from South African division of international conglomerate.
Counsel to clients on pre-litigation issues including indemnification, clearance reviews and design-around studies.
Counsel to numerous clients on Intellectual Property related business transactions including cooperation, joint development, research, joint venture, licensing, acquisition, and divestiture related agreements.
Successfully led team of attorneys in the development of an Intellectual Property Management System for a major ASEAN oil and exploration company.
Counsel to major ASEAN company in joint engine development program with major Japanese engine manufacturer.
- State Bar of Michigan, Intellectual Property Law Section
- American Intellectual Property Lawyers Association, Japanese Subcommittee
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Licensing Executive Society
- Old Newsboys Goodfellows Fund of Detroit
- Michigan Business Torts (ICLE), Contributor, Second Edition, 2003
- Inside the Minds - Intellectual Property Settlements and Negotiations