Mr. Scheurich's practice focuses upon commercial litigation, trials and appeals with emphasis on real estate, commercial lending remedies and title and escrow liability lawsuits and related proceedings. Mr. Scheurich’s experience includes:
- Author of the successful amicus curiae briefs submitted on the behalf of the Land Title Association of Arizona in The Weitz Company L.L.C. v. Nicholas Heth, et al., Case No. CV-13-0378-PR (filed August 26, 2014), in which the Arizona Supreme Court held that Arizona Revised Statutes § 33-992(A), which gives mechanics’ liens priority over liens recorded after construction begins on real property, does not preclude the equitable subrogation of a purchase money lender to the lien priority of a construction loan to take a superior lien position to that of mechanics’ liens.
- Co-author of the successful amicus curiae brief submitted on the behalf of the Land Title Association of Arizona in Luce v. State Title Agency, Inc., 190 Ariz. 500, 950 P.2d 159 (App. 1997), in which the Arizona Court of Appeals held that an escrow agent, who had recorded certain documents as a courtesy to an out-of-state escrow agent, owed no duty of care to the parties to the underlying real estate transaction.
- Negotiation and documentation of a court-approved class action settlement involving claims by certified state-wide class alleging improper escrow fees.
- Obtained dismissal of escrow negligence lawsuit seeking indemnity for $10 million specific performance claim.
- Recovered embezzled monies in multi-state prejudgment garnishment and escrow fraud proceedings that also resulted in imprisonment of the defendant.
- State Bar of Arizona
- Immediate Past Co-Chair, Section of Real Estate
- American Bar Association - Real Property, Probate and Trust Law and Litigation Sections
- Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Committee of the State Bar of Arizona - former Chair
- Disciplinary Commission of the Arizona Supreme Court - former Volunteer Bar Counsel
- Director, Beatitudes Campus, a residential and health care community for the elderly
- Director, Beatitudes Campus Foundation
- Former Member, Phoenix Arts Commission
- Past Chair, Chris-Town YMCA
- Former Member, Madison Educational District Foundation
- Chair and Presenter, "The Basic Commercial Real Estate Practice Series: Nuts & Bolts of Commercial Leasing and Financing," State Bar of Arizona, May 2014
- "The Duties of Title Insurers in the Non-Insurance Context," published in the Arizona Bar's Real Property Section Journal and re-published by the American Bar Association in the Title Insurance Litigation Committee's Newsletter.
- “The Attorney ‘No-Comment’ Rules and the First Amendment,” Arizona Law Review.
- “Double Jeopardy and Successive Prosecutions by Tribal and Federal Courts,” Arizona Law Review.
- Co-Editor, Symposium: The Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976, Arizona Law Review.
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law (2010 and 2011)
- Guest Lecturer, Arizona State University Master of Real Development Program
- Law Clerk to Honorable Joe W. Contreras of the Arizona Court of Appeals
- Judge Pro Tempore, Arizona Court of Appeals