Sir George Williams University (Concordia)B.A., 1969
Osgoode Hall Law SchoolLL.B., 1972
University of Toronto School of Graduate Studies1990
- Masters of Education in Applied Psychology
Osgoode Hall Law SchoolLL.M., 1999
- Masters of Law in Alternative Dispute Resolution
Called to the Bar of Ontario1974
- Founding member of Dickinson Wright Mediation Services and carries on an active practice as a mediator.
- Part of the team that conducted the mediation pilot project for the Law Society of Upper Canada and has been designated as a Roster Mediator.
- Part of the Ontario Mandatory Mediation Program as well as a mediator for the Law Society of Upper Canada.
Michael and his litigation team represent numerous real estate developers in conflict situations involving municipalities, rate payer groups, environmentalists and First Nations.
In addition, Michael practices in the area of commercial litigation and mediation. He has extensive experience in cases involving class actions, breach of contract, shareholders’ rights, injunctions and investor disputes. He represents financial institutions, national corporations, and regional businesses as well as individuals and investor groups.
- Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member of the Ontario Bar Association
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers Association
- Adjunct professor at Osgoode Hall Law School (Negotiation)
- Instructor in Civil Litigation for the Law Society of Upper Canada Bar Admission Course