Michael is an associate in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office. His practice is focused on commercial insolvency and restructuring including bankruptcies, security enforcement and court supervised restructuring proceedings. In addition to his work on insolvency related matters, Michael has experience litigating commercial disputes including breach of contract and debt enforcement cases.
University of Western OntarioB.A. (Hons), 2009
Osgoode Hall Law SchoolJ.D., 2012
Regularly appears at the Ontario Superior Court of Justice including the Commercial List, Bankruptcy Court and Small Claims Court.
- Canadian and Ontario Bar Associations
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- The Advocates' Society
- Turnaround Management Association
- Pro Bono Law Ontario - Law Help Ontario, Litigation Project
- Monitors in connection with multi-faceted CCAA proceedings
- Trustees in connection with both large and small commercial bankruptcies
- Court appointed receivers
- Sophisticated private lenders
- Major financial institutions including each of Canada's "Big 5" banks in connection with the enforcement of mortgages and commercial loans
- Contributor, The Valuation Law Review (2014), vol. 20, issue 2
- Co-author, "Unlawful Asset Transfers: Effective Remedies for Creditors," published in conjunction with presentation for The Osgoode Short Course in Debtor-Creditor Litigation, May 27, 2013