Transylvania UniversityB.A., 2002
- William T. Young Scholar
Northern Kentucky University, Salmon P. Chase College of LawJ.D., 2006
- Northern Kentucky Law Review, Editor-in-Chief, 2005-2006
- Kentucky Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013-2017
- Speedway LLC
- Wabash National Corporation
- CBL Associates Management, Inc.
- Tempur Sealy International, Inc.
- AAA Cooper Transportation, Inc.
- Philips Electronics North America Corporation
- Bank of America
- Dairy Farmers of America
- Dixiana Farms
- Chesapeake Energy
Mr. Stinnett's practice includes the litigation of a wide variety of complex business and commercial litigation matters, including those involving leasehold disputes, toxic tort, premises liability, products liability, corporate governance, trust and estate litigation, lender liability and general business litigation.
- Elbert Cox, et al v. Philips Electronics North America Corp., et al, 647 Fed. Appx. 625 (6th Cir. 2016) (Dismissal of all claims filed in class action lawsuit against former employer for exposure to hazardous chemicals in the workplace)
- Tempur Sealy Int’l, Inc., et al v. Wondergel, LLC, et al, 2016 WL 1305155 (E.D. Ky. April 1, 2016) (Obtained preliminary injunction against defendants for violation of the Lanham Act while defeating competing action in District Court of Utah)
- Theresa Grubb, et al v. Speedway, LLC, et al, --- S.W.3d ---, 2017 WL 1102860 (Ky. March 23, 2017) (affirming reversal of trial court decision of claims against store manager preventing removal to federal court).
- Estate of Leslie Richardson, et. al v. Wabash Nat'l Corp., et. al, 617 Fed. Appx. 480 (6th Cir. 2015) (Affirming summary judgment against all claims asserted by plaintiffs in wrongful death action regarding allegedly defective design of rear impact guard of tractor trailer)
- Associated Warehousing, Inc. v. Banterra Bank, 617 Fed. Appx. 480 (6th Cir. June 28, 2012) (Represented Banterra Bank in a claim of breach of contract and fraud surrounding a claim of lender liability. Summary judgment in favor of Banterra Bank upheld by Sixth Circuit.)
- Successful trial verdict in commercial lease dispute for landlord, including defeating plaintiff’s claims for fraud, tortious interference and class action allegations.
- Obtained favorable trial result in Utah federal court regarding large tortious interference litigation concerning a complicated asset purchase.
- Reached nuisance value settlement in wrongful death claim concerning an allegedly defective product.
- Obtained defense verdicts in multiple trials of coal dust claims pending in federal court.
- Participated in the representation of clients in large multidistrict litigation with claims of racketeering, tax fraud and securities fraud.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims against energy company in landmark nuisance claim associated with alleged release of radioactive chemicals.
- Represented numerous clients in successful efforts to enforce non-compete and non-solicitation agreements in temporary injunction hearings in both state and federal court.
- Received summary judgment against claims of breach of fiduciary duty and undue influence in trust dispute.
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Leadership Lexington, Class of 2010
- Bluegrass Domestic Violence Program, Board of Directors
- Vice President, 2009-2010
- President, 2011-2012
- Lexington Philharmonic, Board of Directors & Vice President of Strategic Planning
- Finance Committee, 2012-2016
- Collective Bargain Negotiating Committee, 2010-2013
- Personnel Committee, 2017-2019
- Stock Yards Bank & Trust 2017 Estate & Tax Seminar: Trusts: From Good to Great (Louisville and Cincinnati, November 2017).
- Stock Yards Bank & Trust 2016 Estate & Tax Seminar: Issuer and Trends in Trust & Estate Litigation (Louisville, November 2016).
- "A Breath of Fresh Air: A Smoking Ban’s Legal Invasion of Property Rights," Lexington Fayette County Food & Beverage Ass’n v. Lexington-Fayette Urban County Gov’t 32 N. Ky. L. R. 239 (2005).