Marki’s practice focuses on healthcare regulatory and transactional law in her representation of physicians, physician groups, and other health care providers and suppliers. She has extensive experience providing guidance to healthcare clients regarding federal and state fraud and abuse laws, including Stark and the Anti-Kickback Statute, HIPAA, electronic health records, business transactions, joint ventures, physician recruitment, and Accountable Care Organizations. Marki has specialized knowledge of the unique legal issues surrounding telemedicine, including licensing issues, credentialing, privacy, and security. She also drafts corporate agreements, including physician and mid-level provider employment agreements, and represents providers before various regulatory boards.
Washington State UniversityB.A., Political Science and Philosophy, 2003
- With Honors
Arizona State University, Sandra Day O'Connor College of LawJ.D., 2006
- Magna Cum Laude
- Editor, Arizona State Law Journal
- Order of the Coif
- President, Health Law Society
- Executive Pro Bono Board
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Healthcare Law, 2017
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Healthcare Law, 2016
- Board of Directors Member and Secretary/Treasurer, Arizona Society for Healthcare Attorneys
- Board of Directors, Susan G. Komen, Arizona (2014-2017)
- Board of Directors, Mountain Park Health Center (2014-2016)
- Member, Arizona Health Lawyers Association
- Steering Committee Member, Planned Parenthood Arizona Advocates for Reproductive Health and Justice (ARHJ)
- Phoenix Art Museum Corporate Council Representative
- Law Clerk for Judge Daniel A. Barker at the Arizona Court of Appeals (2006-2007)
- Author, “Telehealth Resource Centers Are an Invaluable Resource for Providers Developing Telemedicine Programs,” Healthcare Michigan, August 2017
- “Practicing Telemedicine Across State Borders: New Expedited Licenses Permit Physicians to Expand Practice,” The University of Arizona, Arizona Telemedicine Program Blog, May 2017.
- “Telemedicine: Staying In is the New Going Out,” Dickinson Wright healthcare webinar, September 2016.
- “CMS Recognizes New Exception to the Stark Law for Non-Exclusive Lease Arrangements,” Kent County Medical Society Bulletin, Spring 2016.
- “CMS To Publish Financial Relationships Between Physicians and Drug Manufacturers Beginning September 2014,” DW Women in Law Blog, April 2014
- Author,“Great X-Pectations: Protecting Examinees’ Reliance That No News Is Good News,” Arizona State Law Journal, Vol. 37, No. 1, Spring 2005.