KJ Miller has a broad commercial and tort litigation practice with extensive experience in successfully resolving disputes in federal and state courts, in arbitration proceedings, and in facilitations before private mediators. Ms. Miller is one of the state's most experienced lawyers in the area of consumer finance litigation, including regulatory and compliance issues, Fair Debt Collection Practice Act (FDCPA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) claims, contested foreclosures and evictions, credit card claims and Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (CFPB) compliance issues for financial institutions, private mortgage lenders, and servicers. Her practice also focuses on cases involving contract disputes, as well as negligence, fraud, toxic tort and insurance claims.
Michigan State UniversityB.S.
Detroit College of LawJ.D.
- summa cum laude
- Named a Rising Star by Law & Politics, 2009-2010, 2010-2011
- CitiMortgage, Inc.
- Citibank, NA
- CitiFinancial Auto
- Citi Credit Card Services
- Rushmore Loan Management Services, LLC
- PennyMac USA
- Bank of America, N.A.
- General Motors, Inc.
- Metso Automation, Inc.
Supervises a multi-state team of attorneys defending contested mortgage litigation, including appeals, for one of the nation’s largest financial institutions.
Supervised a large legal team for General Motors, managing almost 700 claims concurrently and successfully arbitrating several of them.
Successfully managed multi-state toxic tort litigation for a valve manufacturer.
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Detroit Bar Association
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- Bethany Christian Services, Juvenile Immigration Project
- Ypsilanti Meals on Wheels Board, Board President
- Ypsilanti Youth Theater Board, Member
- Historic East Side Neighborhood Association (Ypsilanti) Board, Member
- Intern for Magistrate Judge Paul Komives
- Intern for the Honorable Richard F. Suhrheinrich, 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Presenter, “Fair Debt Collection Practices Act: Compliance Issues in 2016,” The Knowledge Group
- Co-author, "Residential Foreclosures and Evictions," Consumer Financial Services Answer Book 2011-2014, Practicing Law Institute