University of MichiganB.A., 1998
- with distinction
University of MichiganJ.D., 2001
- Michigan Poverty Law Clinic
- Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2009-2011 in Business Litigation Law
- AIG/American General
- BP Products, N.A.
- Ford Motor Company
- Lorillard Tobacco Company
- ExxonMobil Corporation
- Enbridge Energy, Limited Partnership
- Household Finance Corporation, III
- John Hancock Financial Services, Inc.
- Pulte Homes, Inc.
Member of trial team for Enbridge Energy, Limited Partnership in Federal class actions alleging claims of property damage and in multiple state court actions alleging claims of property damage and personal injury arising out of oil pipeline leak in Marshall, Michigan.
Counsel for Lorillard Tobacco Company in a series of trademark infringement litigation arising from sale of counterfeit cigarettes.
Co-lead discovery counsel and member of trial team for Ford Motor Company in multi-billion dollar ERISA stock drop putative class action brought by 401k plan participants.
Member of Ford Motor Company trial team, including lead Michigan attorney managing a multi-million page electronic document production, in litigation against an exclusive supplier involving claims in excess of $5 billion.
Lead appellate counsel for several corporate clients, including ExxonMobil Corporation, with responsibility for preparation of appellate briefs and oral argument in the Michigan Supreme Court and Michigan Court of Appeals.
Michigan counsel for BP Products, N.A. in a breach of contract and environmental case alleging multi-million dollars in damages.
Member of trial team for SPX Corporation in a multi-million dollar breach of merger agreement action in U.S. District Court.
Lead trial and appellate counsel for Household Finance Corporation, III in a quiet title action involving alleged mortgage fraud.
Co-lead counsel for Pulte Homes, Inc. in the successful resolution of a trespass and nuisance action involving a Detroit waterfront community development project as well as a related breach of contract claim for indemnity by a former co-developer.
Counsel for several insurance clients in several state and federal court actions involving material misrepresentations on applications for insurance resulting in summary judgment in favor of clients.
Member of trial team for The Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute in a multi-million dollar breach of contract case regarding the cancer center naming rights and lead appellate counsel in appeal of trial court award of attorney fees in favor of KCI.
Lead counsel for Tier 1 transmission supplier in a breach of contract action under the Uniform Commercial Code in U.S. District Court based on a sub-supplier’s failure to produce parts in conformance with the contract terms.
Counsel for various prominent local families in the successful resolution of probate litigation matters pertaining to disputes regarding family trusts and estates.
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Commercial Litigation Committee
- Appellate Practice Committee
- Women in the Law Committee
- Past Chair, Community Subcommittee
- Annual Seminar Subcommittee - Planning & Marketing
- Vice-Chair Public Service Subcommittee
- State Bar of Michigan
- Past-Chair, Standing Committee on U.S. Courts
- US Law Firm Group, Commercial Litigation Committee
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- University of Michigan Alumni Association
- Leadership Detroit Class XXXV
- Speaker, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association Annual Summit, “How to Make Sure Your ‘Privileged’ Communications are Truly Confidential: Protecting Legal Advice and Attorney Work Product Material in the Modern Business Environment”, 2011
- Author, “ICLE Ten Tips in Ten Minutes: Preparing a Witness for Trial,” 2011
- Author, State Bar of Michigan Litigation Section Newsletter, “Michigan Courts Have Yet to Determine the Effect of the Adverse Inference Spoliation Sanction on Summary Disposition,” 2007
- Co-Author, State Bar of Michigan Litigation Section Newsletter, “Managing Pretrial Discovery of Electronic Data,” 2002
- Keynote Speaker, Britton-Macon High School Commencement, 2002