Mr. Zatkoff focuses his practice on advising business entities and individuals in corporate transactions, including entity formation, corporate governance, corporate finance and securities, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate acquisitions and dispositions. Mr. Zatkoff often serves as outside general counsel providing practical advice to privately held companies and key executives regarding a variety of corporate and individual legal matters.
Mr. Zatkoff is admitted to practice law in the State of Michigan. He graduated from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law with honors, where he was a member of the Law Review and the Moot Court Board of Advocates. Prior to joining Dickinson Wright, Mr. Zatkoff served as a law clerk for Michigan Supreme Court Justice Brian K. Zahra, and served as a judicial intern for Judge Lawrence P. Zatkoff, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Mr. Zatkoff is very involved in the community, serving as a board member on the Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness, Health and Sports, a board member on the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law Alumni Association, and participating as an active member of the Young Leader’s section of the Detroit Economic Club.
Mr. Zatkoff regularly counsels clients regarding:
- Corporate governance issues, such as bylaws, operating agreements, shareholder agreements, and buy-sell agreements
- Manufacturing and distribution agreements, including terms and conditions for the purchase and sale of goods and services throughout the supply chain
- Mergers and acquisitions and joint venture relationships
- Business planning, including entity selection and formation, renewal, and dissolution strategies and advice
- Sales and purchases of stock and membership interests
- Financing arrangements, including structuring and negotiating credit facilities and other commercial loan transactions
- Real estate acquisitions and dispositions, either as stand-alone transactions or as part of larger corporate mergers or acquisitions, or financing arrangements.
University of Detroit Mercy School of LawJ.D.
- cum laude
- Honors: Law Review, Moot Court Board of Advocates, Dean’s List
- Zatkoff Seals & Packings
- Taxation Section, State Bar of Michigan
- Licensed Realtor, Greater Metropolitan Association of Realtors
- Board Member, Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness, Sports and Health
- Board Member, Michigan Fitness Foundation
- Board Member, University of Detroit Mercy School of Law Alumni Association
- Member, Greater Metropolitan Association of Realtors
- Member, Michigan Commercial Board of Realtors
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Brian K. Zahra, Michigan Supreme Court, 2014-2016
- Summer Associate, Dickinson Wright PLLC, 2013
- Judicial Intern to the Hon. Lawrence P. Zatkoff, United States District Court, 2012