- Prepare and prosecute U.S.-origin patent applications primarily related to computer/server power supplies and power supply control features; computer memory systems; nanoscale devices for use in computer memories, including use of graphene-based memory systems; sensor systems; digital image processing and color conversion; ink-jet printers, including ink chemistry; wireless communications systems; air conditioning systems; Internet gaming; enterprise software, including control of capacity-on-demand processors; and business methods.
- Prepare opinions and manufacturing and supply contracts related to air conditioning systems.
- Prepare intellectual property opinions, including right to use opinions, validity/invalidity opinions, and non-infringement opinions.
- Counsel companies and organizations on a diverse range of intellectual property matters, including patent procurement and licensing, patent portfolio assessment incidental to investments and acquisitions, domestic and international patent policy, and patent enforcement.
- Represent companies in patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secrets litigation.
- Advise clients on import/export regulations, including conducting customs compliance audits, determining customs duties, informing clients of international trade restrictions, obtaining licenses, registering with U.S. government agencies, establishing compliance programs, and representing clients before the U.S. Court of International Trade.
- Assist clients with licensing under the EAR, registration and licensing under the ITAR, compliance with OFAC, and with regulations from other U.S. government entities including the USDA, DOD, and DOE.
- Represent clients in trade-related disputes, including proceedings before the U.S. International Trade Commission.
- Grantley v. Clear Channel Communications, Inc. (E.D. Tx) Represented defendant in a patent infringement lawsuit. (2008)
- SecureInfo Corporation v. Telos Corporation et al. (E.D. Va.). Represented plaintiff in a software case involving trade secret misappropriation and copyright and patent infringement. (2005)
- The SCO Group, Inc. v. International Business Machines Corp. (D. Utah). Defended SCO against software patent infringement claims. IBM withdrew all four patents. (2004)
- Ethos v. RealNetworks (D. Mass.). Represented Ethos in a patent infringement suit. (2001-2002)
- Metrokane v. Lifetime Hoan Corporation (S.D.N.Y). Represented Metrokane in a patent, trademark and trade dress infringement action. (2001-2002)
- Digital Equipment Corporation v. United States (U.S. Court of International Trade). Represented DEC in recovery of import duties. (2000)
- JFJ Partnership v. American Fire & Casualty Co. (D. Md.). Represented JFJ in a breach of contract case. (1998-1999)
- Rice v. United States (United States Claims Court). Represented third party defendant in patent infringement suit regarding power turbine technology. (1996-1997)
- Authored course book entitled, Software and Business Method Patents: Procuring and Enforcing, for PRG, the premier patent-related CLE organization in the United States.
- Taught Software and Business Method Patents course for PRG from 2000-2008.
- Sanford Cohen & Associates (Nuclear Engineer), 1992-1996
- U.S. Navy (Navy Nuclear Propulsion Program), 1972-1992