Jeysa Martinez’s practice focuses in all aspects of commercial real estate, an area in which she has extensive background, with a focus on banking and financial services, commercial financing and secured transactions. She has extensive experience negotiating and drafting complex documents and the structuring of security, including commitment letters, loan agreements and security documentation. In addition, she is well-versed in financing transactions involving First Nations for On and Off Reserve developments.
Ms. Martinez advises clients with regards to large complex and due diligence process for real property acquisitions and sales transactions as well as advises lenders and borrowers on project finance and secured lending. She also brings to the firm significant experience in commercial leasing transactions, including leases and subleases on First Nations lands and leasing of property for the purposes of facilitating solar energy projects.
University of ManitobaLL.B., 2005
- Awarded the Desautels Credit Management Foundation Fellowship 2004 - 2005
- Awarded the Desautels Credit Management Foundation Fellowship 2003 - 2004
- Senior Editor of the Asper Review of International Business and Trade Law 2003-2005
Carleton UniversityB.A., Business Law with a minor in Sociology, 2000
- High Honours, Law
- Awarded The Bank of Nova Scotia 2000 Scholarship Award 2000
- Achieving highest standing in commercial law/business law
Experience in executing complex real estate and commercially driven projects.
Negotiates complex land use agreements such a reciprocal easement, operating agreements and cost-sharing agreements.
Advises lenders and borrowers on project finance and secured lending.
Advises clients with regards to large complex and due diligence process for acquisition and sales transactions.
Represents landlords and tenants in the negotiation of retail, office, industrial, land leases and sub-leases, including mixed use projects.
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
Member of the Women and Science Committee at Weizmann Canada, 2018
- Board Member, Civic Hospital Auxiliary Board, 2011-2014
- Board Member, Breast Cancer Association (Ottawa), 2008-2010
- Board Member, Canadian Paraplegic Association (NS), 2005 – 2007
- Auction Coordinator- Annual Gala for Phoenix Youth Group, 2006 & 2007
- Called to the Law Society of Upper Canada, October 25, 2007
- Called to the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society, June 8, 2007