University of MichiganB.A., Psychology, 2001
Wheaton College Graduate SchoolM.A., Clinical Psychology, 2005
Michigan State University College of LawJ.D., 2010
- summa cum laude
- Michigan State Law Review - Managing Editor
- Merit Scholar
- Jurisprudence Achievement Award in Research, Writing & Advocacy and Law & Interpretation
- Michigan Super Lawyers "Rising Star"
Advise local and intermediate school boards of education, college and university boards of trustees, public school academy boards of directors and other public and private educational entities on various matters, including:
- State and federal statutes and regulations
- Constitutional issues, such as free speech, search and seizure, church-state, due process and the regulation of students, social media and on- and off-campus behavior
- Employee discipline and discharge
- Student disciplinary hearings
- Special education issues and hearings
Develop and implement estate plans for the management and transfer of assets during life and at death in ways that avoid unnecessary taxation, preserve privacy and protect loved ones.
Counsel individual and corporate fiduciaries in the efficient and timely administration of estates and trusts.
Represent personal representatives, trustees, and beneficiaries in probate and trust litigation.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan - District H Character and Fitness Committee
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Michigan Council of School Attorneys
- Cornerstone Schools - Partner Mornings
- Justice Robert P. Young, Jr., Michigan Supreme Court, Judicial Extern 2008
- Dickinson Wright PLLC, Summer Associate 2009
- A Year of Dramatic Change in Public Education, Metropolitan Detroit Bureau of School Studies, September 2012
- Terminating the Troubled Employee, Metropolitan Detroit Bureau of School Studies, February 2012