Successfully negotiated labor contracts with all major unions for a wide variety of public and private employers.
Experienced in defense of employment litigation in federal and state government agencies and in federal and state courts.
Significant experience before employment agencies including NLRB, MERC, Department of Labor, and EEOC.
Argued five cases in 6th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Case Evaluator for Wayne County Mediation Tribunal.
The Country Club of Detroit
The Detroit Athletic Club
Detroit Thermal Systems, LLC
DMS Moving Systems
Evangelical Homes of Michigan
Global Automotive Alliance LLC
Globe Midwest Adjusters International
Grupo Antolin Primera
The Kirlin Company
National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
- State Bar of Michigan, Labor Law Section (since 1977)
- Detroit Chapter of Industrial Relations Research Association
- Executive Board Member, 1983-1986, 2002-2016
- First Vice President, 2003-2005
- President, 2005-2006
- The 100 Club
- University of Michigan Victors Club, since 1992
- Grosse Pointe Farms Ordinance Committee, 2003-2005
- "Retaliation, Really?," Livonia, MI, ASE 5th Annual Employment Law Workshop, September, 2016
- Speaker, American Society of Employers (ASE) annual Mid-Michigan Employment Law Workshop, Saginaw, MI, May 2016
- "My Employee Did What? And I Could Have Known About it Ahead of Time?," Livonia, MI, September 2015, ASE's 4th Annual Employment Law Workshop
- “Arbitrating a Difficult Discharge Case,” Southfield, Michigan, August 2009, American Arbitration Association
- “FMLA Hot Topics,” Greensboro, North Carolina, April 2009, Council on Education and Management
- “The Employee Free Choice Act,” Troy, Michigan, December 2007, Dickinson Wright Sunrise Seminar
- “Helpful Hints & Tips for Successful Collective Bargaining,” May 2007, MI Public Employers Labor Relations Association
- "Update on New Legislation and Decisions,” Atlanta, Georgia, November 2007, Southeast Employment Law Symposium, Council on Education and Management
- “Webinar: Pitfalls Facing Non-Union Employers Under the NLRA,” March 2007, Council on Education and Management
- “FMLA Update,” Novi, Michigan, March 2005, February 2007, Council on Education and Management
- “Collective Bargaining Over Healthcare Benefits,” Chicago, IL, April 2005, National Program on Health Care Issues, Council on Education and Management
- “Personnel Law Update,” Novi, MI, April 2004, October 2004, March 2005, Council on Education and Management
- “National HR & the Law Program on FLSA Litigation,” San Diego, CA, March 2004, Council on Education and Management
- “Review of New FLSA Regulations,” June 2004, September 2004, Michigan Chamber of Commerce
- “Human Resources Recordkeeping,” April 2004, November 2004, October 2005, Michigan Chamber of Commerce
- Adjunct Professor for Wayne State University Law School; Teaching Negotiations, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011