Currently head of the Business Law Group for Dickinson Wright LLP and is a member of the firm's Executive Committee.
Practice focuses on general corporate and commercial matters with emphasis on mergers, acquisitions, secured lending transactions and shareholder disputes.
Regularly advises small, medium and large business enterprises on a variety of legal business issues.
Experienced in the area of mining law, specifically in the preparation of joint venture agreements, custom milling agreements, leases, transfers, farm-ins, exploration options, purchase and sale of mining interests and other related matters.
- Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member of the Ontario Bar Association
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Mining and the National Club of Toronto
- Member, director and past president of the Rotary Club of Burlington
- Past director of the Burlington Minor Lacrosse Association
- Active and long time member of the Burlington Oldtimers Hockey Club in Burlington.
Additional Advisory Roles
- Served as a Director of a number of public and private companies.
- Served on a special committee of directors of a Toronto Stock Exchange listed company to evaluate and provide recommendations to shareholders in respect of a take over bid.
- Past Director and Chair of the Corporate Governance and Audit Committee of Burlington Hydro Electric Inc.
- Past Director and Chair of the City of Burlington's electric utility.
- Past Director and past member of the Audit Committee of AIC Corporate Growth Fund Inc.
- Past Director of Global Financial Split Corporation.
- Past Director of Lakeside Steel Corporation.
- Past member of the Advisory Board of the Global Banks Premium Income Trust and International Financial Income and Growth Trust.