Mr. Cahill’s practice focuses primarily on complex construction litigation and support for residential and commercial developers and contractors. Mr. Cahill also practices in the areas of insurance litigation and coverage and commercial litigation. He represents builders and developers throughout Arizona, New Mexico, and California, including in State and Federal Court and in front of various administrative tribunals and regulatory bodies. Mr. Cahill previously practiced in the areas of personal injury and uninsured/underinsured motorist litigation.
Prepared materials for and spoken as a panelist for various seminars concerning contract formation, construction law, construction defect litigation, lien law, insurance coverage, alternative dispute resolution, and ethics.
Mr. Cahill is licensed to practice in the state courts of Arizona, California, and the District of Columbia. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the District of Arizona and the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California.
- State Bar of Arizona, Member, Construction Law Section
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of the District of Columbia
- Maricopa County Bar, Construction Law Section, previous Section Vice Chair; Section Board Member
- Author, “Arizona Court of Appeals Rules That Coverage for an Additional Insured is no Greater Than Coverage Afforded a Named Insured - - Interpretation of the “Your Work” Exclusion,” Dickinson Wright Client Alert, January 2017
- Author, "Government Claims Against Contractors And Developers Subject to Statue of Repose Filing Deadlines, Arizona Court of Appeals Rules," Dickinson Wright Client Alert, May 2016
- Author, "Significant Changes Made by ROC To Its Complaints and Hearing Process," Dickinson Wright Client Alert, April 2014
- Sponsor: State Bar of Arizona
- March 2017: Arizona’s Indemnity Legislation and its Impact on Contracting, Construction and Insurance
- Sponsor: Maricopa County Bar Association.
- May 2016: 2016 Ethics Update.
- June, 2014: 2014 Ethics and Civil Rules Update.
- June 2013: Ethical Issues in Construction Litigation.
- August 2012: Indemnity and Defense Obligations: Three Perspectives.
- October 2011: Arbitration Under the New Revised Uniform Arbitration Act.
- January 2011: The Revised Uniform Arbitration Act: Practice Pointers and Potential Pitfalls
- Sponsor: Rider Levett Bucknall
- January 2013: Business Ethics for Directors, Principals and Office Managers.
- Sponsor: Lorman Education Services
- July 2011: AIA Contracts.
- Sponsor: Arizona State University, Masters of Real Estate Development
- January 2011: Mechanic’s Liens.