Giselle Alexander began her career with Ernst & Young, LLP in Phoenix. She practices primarily in the area of tax controversy at all levels of the process – audits, administrative appeals, and litigation adverse to federal, state, and local entities.
Arizona State UniversityB.S., Economics
- Dean’s List, multiple semesters
Arizona State UniversityJ.D.
- Willard H. Pedrick Scholar (Dean’s List), multiple semesters
- CALI Award – Tax Controversies
- CALI Award – Bankruptcy
- State Bar of Arizona Tax Section 2009 scholarship recipient
Northwestern UniversityLL.M, Taxation
- 2010 Public Service Star
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Rising Star – Tax, 2017
Caylor Land & Development v. Commissioner, awaiting opinion – U.S. Tax Court – Issue of first impression involving deductibility of insurance expenses paid to a micro-captive insurance company pursuant to IRC 831(b).
- CPA Board Member, Arizona State Board of Accountancy
- Vice Chair, Tax Law Section of the State Bar of Arizona
- Co-chair, Exempt Organizations sub-committee, State & Local Tax executive committee, Tax Section of the American Bar Association
- Certified Public Accountant, Arizona
- Dodie Londen Excellence in Public Service Series, 2015 graduate, elected to the Board of Governors and Treasurer in 2017
- National Society of Daughters of the American Revolution – Paradise Valley Chapter, elected Treasurer in 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Panelist, “Thinking Outside the Box”, ABA Young Lawyers Division 2013 Fall Conference, October 2013 – Phoenix, AZ
- Panelist, “Nuts & Bolts of State and Local Tax”, ABA Tax Section 2017 Midyear Meeting, January 2017 - Orlando, FL
- Panelist, “Tax Bridge to Practice: State and Local Tax”, ABA Tax Section, 2017 May Meeting, May 2017 – Washington, D.C.