Dustin Kovacic is an associate in the firm’s Entertainment, Sports and Media practice area. He represents individuals, companies and other professionals in entertainment transactions, and provides advice, counsel and assistance to clients seeking to protect, develop and enforce their intellectual property.
University of Florida2011
- Dean’s List
- Anderson Scholar
- Vice President, Fine Arts College Council
- Phi Alpha Delta
- UF Teacher/Advisor of the Year Selection Committee
B.A., Political Science
B.M, Bachelor of Music
Vanderbilt Law SchoolJ.D., 2015
- Senior Development Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment and Technology Law
- Vice President of Entertainment, Entertainment and Sports Law Society
- Secretary, Vanderbilt Art and Cultural Property Law Association
- Moot Court Competition
- Intellectual Property and the Arts Clinic
- Assisting clients in both purchases and sales of music publishing and master recording catalogs.
- Developing and managing client’s intellectual property, including trademark and copyright protection and enforcement.
- Representing songwriters, recording artists, producers, managers, record labels, music publishers, and other music industry clients in entertainment matters.
- Providing advice and counsel to clients regarding termination of transfers under the Copyright Act.
- Overseeing international trademark portfolios and advising clients on brand development and management.
- Society of Leaders in Development (SOLID)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Copyright Society of the South
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Entertainment and Sports Law Section
- Intellectual Property Section
- Nashville Bar Association
- Entertainment, Sports & Medial Law Practice
- Intellectual Property Law Practice
- Country Music Association
- Legal Clinic for Mending Hearts
- Volunteer Lawyers and Professionals for the Arts