Darlene is Past President of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys and practices primarily in commercial real estate with an emphasis on finance and environmental compliance. Darlene represents banks and insurance companies in connection with loans, foreclosures, workouts, and collection matters; automotive suppliers establishing manufacturing facilities in the United States; and manufacturers and owners of real estate assets in connection with environmental compliance, defense of enforcement actions and brownfield redevelopment.
Representative Clients include Capital One; CMFG Life Insurance Company; Curb Group, LLC; Daiei America Inc.; Diamond Hill Plywood Co., Inc.; Kwik Sak Real Estate Holdings LLC; Loma Linda University and Medical Center; McTevia & Associates; Taylor Environmental Services; Tennessee Insurance Guaranty Association and TitleMax.
- Director, Tennessee Chamber of Commerce & Industry, 2004-2012; 2014-2015 (Executive Committee 2009)
- Member, Tennessee Drycleaner Environmental Response Board, 2003-2005
- Member, Tennessee Land Title Association, (Treasurer 2002-2003)
- Member, Tennessee Petroleum Underground Storage Tank Board, 2005-2009 (Chair, 2008 and 2009)
- Member and Fellow, Nashville Bar Association and Foundation
- Director, Mid-South Commercial Law Institute, 2008-2013
- Member, Tennessee Bar Association, Real Estate Section, Environmental Law Section (Chair 2015-2016)
- Member, Downtown District YMCA Board of Directors, Uptown YMCA Committee (2002-2004)
- Member, Visual Arts Alliance of Nashville, Board of Directors (1997-1998)
- Member, St. David's Episcopal Church, Vestry and Treasurer
- Apex Oil Goes to Washington: A Challenge for the Supreme Court or Congress or Much Ado About Nothing?, (D. Marsh And L. Ahern, The Abstract, American College Of Mortgage Attorneys, Fall, 2010 And September, 2010, Tennessee Bar Association's Environmental Law Section Newsletter.)
- Impact of the Fukushima Disaster on Nuclear Power Developments in Tennessee, (D. Marsh And J. Blue Tennessee Bar Association’s Environmental Law Section Newsletter, Fall, 2012.)
- Stormwater Permitting in Tennessee, (Dixie Contractor, April, 2013.)
- Environmental Obligations in Bankruptcy (L. Ahern and D. Marsh, Thomson Reuters.)
- A Year-end Legal Checklist: Preparing and Protecting Your Business for 2015, Tennessean, November 27, 2014 (Business) At 2.
- Brownfield Agreements: A Case Study of the Rayon City Landfill, Panelist at Gatlinburg Convention Center, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation, Division of Solid/Hazardous Waste Conference, April 30, 2010.
- Environmental Claims in Recent Bankruptcy Cases: When Does the Claim Arise after Grossman's? When Does the Stay Apply after Apex? Panelist at Gatlinburg Convention Center, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation, Division of Solid/Hazardous Waste Conference, April 29, 2011.
- Environmental Considerations in Mergers and Acquisitions, Representations and Warranties, Co-presenter at Tennessee Bar Center, Nashville, Tennessee, Tennessee Bar Association Environmental Law Section CLE, January 24, 2013.
- Bankruptcy and Remediation, Panelist at Gatlinburg Convention Center, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation, Division of Solid/Hazardous Waste Conference, April 24, 2013.
- Fiduciaries Holding Contaminated Property: Bankruptcy, Trusts & Estates, Panelist at Gatlinburg Convention Center, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, Tennessee Bar Association and Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation, Division of Solid Waste Conference, May 1, 2014.
- Review of ASTM E1527-13 and AAI: How Much Inquiry is Appropriate?, Panelist at State Bar of Georgia Conference Center, ABA’s Key Environmental Issues in U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 4, March 3, 2015.
- Landlord-Tenant Buyer-Seller Negotiations Facilitator, Private Environmental Law, Vanderbilt Law School, February 10, 2003 and April 5, 2006
- CERCLA Negotiations Facilitator, Environmental Law, Vanderbilt Law School, October 7, 2003, October 13, 2005; February 27, 2007 and October 4, 2010