Experienced litigator in the following substantive areas of law:
- Commercial Litigation, with particular focus on contract disputes, sale of goods under the Uniform Commercial Code, business tort claims, and noncompetition agreements
- Automotive Litigation, with particular emphasis on disputes between various tiers of automotive suppliers
- Financial Services Litigation, with particular experience and expertise representing financial institutions and loan servicers in disputes with borrowers and third-parties, and against consumer protection claims
- Counsel to Tier I automotive supplier in lawsuit alleging $30 million in damages against supplier of allegedly defective components
- Counsel to defendant public university in False Claims Act qui tam action alleging over $100 million in damages for federal grant fraud, obtaining full dismissal of claims at the trial court level and ultimately obtaining a published opinion by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals holding that a public university is not a “person” for purposes of the False Claims Act
- Counsel to purchaser of information technology company in arbitration against seller, obtaining favorable claimant’s verdict and defense verdict of “no cause of action” in response to seller’s counterclaim
- Counsel to leading national savings bank in portfolio of recourse actions against mortgage loan originators, obtaining judgments and favorable settlements in excess of $8 million
- Counsel to magazine publisher in action alleging publication of false and defamatory information, resulting in dismissal of all claims
- Counsel for out-of-state insurer in action involving claim for benefits under ERISA, obtaining summary judgment for insurer
- Counsel for advertising publisher in actions involving enforcing contracts and defending against contract and business tort claims
- Counsel for fortune five hundred company in actions involving recovery of collateral through negotiated settlements and judgments obtained in state courts
- Counsel for Michigan school district in negotiation of contracts with food and transportation vendors
- Counsel to mortgage loan servicers and banking institutions in state and federal actions asserting claims relative to mortgage foreclosure
- Counsel to corporate clients on issues relative to class actions pending in state and federal courts.
Upper Peninsula Concrete Pipe Company
Upper Peninsula Rubber Company
Skradski Family Funeral Homes
Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation
Enbridge Energy, Limited Partnership
Truman Capital Advisors
Flagstar Bank, FSB
Citizens Bank, N.A.
- Board Member and Co-Chair, Charitable Committee, Detroit Bar Association Barristers Board
- State Bar of Michigan, Character and Fitness Committee (District H)
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Detroit Catholic Central High School Alumni Association
- Co-author, “Injunction Junction: Where the Real Battle is Won,” DRI Commercial Litigation Seminar Paper (April 2011).
- Contributed to Michigan Business Torts, Ch. 3, “Covenants Not to Compete,” Edward H. Papas, Thomas G. McNeill, and Daniel D. Quick (ICLE 2009).
- The Role of Discovery in Workers' Compensation Proceedings in Michigan: An Analysis of Stokes v. Chrysler, LLC, 55 Wayne L. Rev. 1155 (2009).
- United States Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Michigan, Civil Division, Student Intern, Winter 2009.
- Dickinson Wright PLLC, Summer Associate 2009.