Experienced litigator in the following substantive areas of law:
- Commercial Litigation, with particular focus on contract disputes, sale of goods under the Uniform Commercial Code, business tort claims, and noncompetition agreements
- Automotive Litigation, with particular emphasis on disputes between various tiers of automotive suppliers
- Financial Services Litigation, with particular experience and expertise representing financial institutions and loan servicers in disputes with borrowers and third-parties, and against consumer protection claims
University of MichiganB.A., 2007
Wayne State University Law SchoolJ.D., 2010
- cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- The Wayne Law Review, Senior Articles Editor
- Board of Governors Distinguished Scholar
- Silver and Bronze Key Certificates
- Recognized by Michigan Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” in Business Litigation in 2013-present
- Upper Peninsula Concrete Pipe Company
- Upper Peninsula Rubber Company
- Skradski Family Funeral Homes
- Meritor, Inc.
- Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation
- Enbridge Energy, Limited Partnership
- Seterus, Inc.
- Truman Capital Advisors
- Flagstar Bank, FSB
- Citizens Bank, N.A.
- Counsel to Tier I automotive supplier in lawsuit alleging $30 million in damages against supplier of allegedly defective components
- Counsel to defendant public university in False Claims Act qui tam action alleging over $100 million in damages for federal grant fraud, obtaining full dismissal of claims at the trial court level and ultimately obtaining a published opinion by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals holding that a public university is not a “person” for purposes of the False Claims Act
- Counsel to purchaser of information technology company in arbitration against seller, obtaining favorable claimant’s verdict and defense verdict of “no cause of action” in response to seller’s counterclaim
- Counsel to leading national savings bank in portfolio of recourse actions against mortgage loan originators, obtaining judgments and favorable settlements in excess of $8 million
- Counsel to magazine publisher in action alleging publication of false and defamatory information, resulting in dismissal of all claims
- Counsel for out-of-state insurer in action involving claim for benefits under ERISA, obtaining summary judgment for insurer
- Counsel for advertising publisher in actions involving enforcing contracts and defending against contract and business tort claims
- Counsel for fortune five hundred company in actions involving recovery of collateral through negotiated settlements and judgments obtained in state courts
- Counsel for Michigan school district in negotiation of contracts with food and transportation vendors
- Counsel to mortgage loan servicers and banking institutions in state and federal actions asserting claims relative to mortgage foreclosure
- Counsel to corporate clients on issues relative to class actions pending in state and federal courts.
- Board Member and Co-Chair, Charitable Committee, Detroit Bar Association Barristers Board
- State Bar of Michigan, Character and Fitness Committee (District H)
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Detroit Catholic Central High School Alumni Association
- United States Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Michigan, Civil Division, Student Intern, Winter 2009.
- Dickinson Wright PLLC, Summer Associate 2009.
- Co-author, “Injunction Junction: Where the Real Battle is Won,” DRI Commercial Litigation Seminar Paper (April 2011).
- Contributed to Michigan Business Torts, Ch. 3, “Covenants Not to Compete,” Edward H. Papas, Thomas G. McNeill, and Daniel D. Quick (ICLE 2009).
- The Role of Discovery in Workers' Compensation Proceedings in Michigan: An Analysis of Stokes v. Chrysler, LLC, 55 Wayne L. Rev. 1155 (2009).