Michigan State UniversityB.A., 2004
DePaul University College of LawJ.D., 2007
- magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Symposium Editor, DePaul Business & Commercial Law Journal
- Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers "Rising Stars"
- Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute
- City of Grosse Pointe Farms
- Clean Logix, LLC
- Enbridge Energy, Limited Partnership
- Federal-Mogul Corporation
- Genesee Intermediate School District
- Hartland Consolidated Schools
- Interstate Gas Supply, Inc.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- Michigan Association of School Administrators
- Michigan's Largest Health Care Company and Insurance Subsidiaries
- MGM Grand
- North American Dental Group
- Professional Dental Alliance, LLC
- Refresh Dental Holdings, LLC
Successfully defended client in a three-week jury trial in a causation / damages only case, where the plaintiff (a landowner and business owner) sought approximately $6 million in damages, including alleged diminution in value to land and lost profits.
Successfully defended client in a multi-day jury trial in a case involving allegations of lost profits, and ultimately obtained a jury verdict against the plaintiff and in favor of the client.
Successfully defended large gaming company and obtained a zero-dollar award in multi-day arbitration proceeding involving million-dollar breach of contract claims regarding the supply and servicing of ATM machines.
Successfully defended municipality in week-long trial in a Michigan Tax Tribunal proceeding involving a 13-plus million dollar property tax dispute, complex property valuations, and multiple expert opinions, all pertaining to a prominent country club and golf course.
Successfully represented a Michigan insurer before the Michigan Court of Appeals in an appeal involving the interpretation of a complex statutory scheme relating to administrative appeals and hearings.
Successfully defended an individual in federal court on claims involving defamation and tortious interference with prospective contractual relationships, all relating to a book published by the client and statements made by the client during a city council meeting.
Represented major cancer medical center disputing putative exclusive affiliation within Metro Detroit with multi-disciplinary medical center.
Currently representing energy clients in a number of matters that are now or were at one time before the Michigan Public Service Commission, including all phases of litigation (pre-trial, trial, and appellate).
Currently representing several clients in a number of commercial litigation matters in both judicial and arbitration forums in a number of states, many of which involve fraud, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, negligence, tortious interference with business relationships, and other tort and contractual causes of action.
Successfully resolved multi-million dollar litigation involving priority disputes relating to real property and a high-end golf course development.
Successfully represented minority shareholder's interests in closely held corporation where there existed breach of fiduciary duties and breach of shareholder purchase agreements.
Assisted insurance company regarding potential implementation of nationwide insurance advertising program for multiple lines of insurance and advised insurer as to where the program could safely be implemented.
Represented insurance company in state court actions regarding ERISA governed certificates of coverage in primary/secondary liability disputes.
Represented various Michigan and national lenders in breach of contract and mortgage foreclosure actions.
- Ingham County Bar Association
- Inns of Court, Michigan State University Chapter
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel, Commercial Litigation Section Chair
- State Bar of Michigan
- Local Campaign Liaison, Capital Area United Way
- DePaul Business & Commercial Law Journal Symposium, Director and Officer Liability, April 2007; 5 DEPAUL BUS. & COM. L.J. 639 (2007)
- Published on a quarterly basis in the Michigan Association of Municipal Attorneys’ “Legal Briefs,” a quarterly publication that provides updates on recent judicial decisions and other legal matters (December 2012 – present).