Wittenberg UniversityB.A., 1997
- summa cum laude
University of MichiganM.S.W., 1998
- Masters in Social Work
- Recipient of Specialist in Aging Certificate
Wayne State University Law SchoolJ.D., 2007
- cum laude
- Law Review Associate Editor
- Penn State Dickinson Law School, International Law Program, Florence, Italy
- Michigan Super Lawyers
- Rising Star 2015-present
- Ann Arbor Learning Center
- Bay County Public Schools
- Genesee Intermediate School District
- J.C. Penney Corp.
- Kettering University
- Kirtland Community College
- Industrial Steel Construction, Inc.
- Lansing Community College
- Pontiac School District
- Public School Academies of Detroit
- Redford Union School District
- Taylor School District
- Vista Maria/ Vista Meadows Academy
- Walter Toebe Construction Co.
Represent private and public sector clients in a variety of tort based claims.
Represented international hotel corporation in a multi-million dollar claim based in premise liability, negligence and nuisance resulting in favorable settlement for client.
Represented bank client involving third-party personal injuries occurring on bank-owned property.
Represent small, mid-size, and national employers in connection with federal, state, and agency employment litigation, including discrimination, whistleblower, and harassment claims.
Represent public school academies regarding authorization process, management agreements, and regulatory requirements.
Represent intermediate school districts, public schools, and educational institutions in range of issues including regulation of student conduct, organizational liability, policy and regulatory issues, and employment matters.
Represent community colleges and public universities in connection with policy formation and compliance with legal and funding requirements.
Represented Fortune 500 automotive company as a member of a discovery litigation team in connection with a billion dollar contract dispute.Represented nationwide and local construction companies in connection with contract disputes and delay damages.
- American Bar Association
- Eastern District of Michigan Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- Education Law Association Member
- Author of Chapter “School Building Facilities and Physical Plants” in book Key Legal Issues for Schools: The Ultimate Resource for School Business Officials, 2nd Edition (2013). C. Russo (Ed.) Lanham, MA: Rowman & Littlefield Publications.
- Author of Chapter “Should Corporal Punishment in Public Schools Be Abolished?” in book Debating Issues in American Education, School Discipline and Safety, Volume 5 (2012). S. Eckes (Ed.) Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Author of Chapter “School Discipline and Safety: Are Zero Tolerance Policies Acceptable With Respect to Drugs, Alcohol, Weapons, Where Student Safety Is Concerned?” (2012) in book Debating Issues in American Education, School Discipline and Safety, Volume 5. S. Eckes (Ed.) Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Co-author and presenter of "Challenges to Disparate Discipline: Recent Trends," at the 2011 57th Annual Education Law Association Conference in Chicago.
- Co-author of "Passing the Trash: Exploring School District Liability in State and Federal Courts," presented at the 2010 56th Annual Education Law Association Conference in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Contributor of multiple entries summarizing legal decisions in 2-volume, Encyclopedia of Law and Higher Education (2009). C. Russo (Ed.) Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Contributor of multiple entries summarizing legal decisions in 2-volume, Encyclopedia of Education Law (2008). C. Russo (Ed.) Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.