On behalf of Dickinson Wright’s Las Vegas office and our gaming team, a few thoughts on the tragic events of October 1. Today, we are all still reeling from the events of last night and are coming to terms with the devastating losses in our community. But we retain hope for our city, our nation, and the gaming industry in Nevada. It is our understanding that the gaming industry conference, G2E, is still scheduled to open today in Las Vegas, and our casino resorts have lifted the security restrictions that were in place when they went on lockdown following Sunday night’s shooting tragedy on the Las Vegas Strip.
As a community, we mourn the victims and honor their memories. We will never forget what has happened here. And we will all be forever marked with the memory and knowledge of the horrors that are all too real. Although we are an international tourist destination, Las Vegas is an incredibly small village, and we will band together to get through these dark days.
We are touched by the outpouring of support we have received, and want to let all know that our Las Vegas-based Dickinson Wright team is all safely accounted for. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.
Disclaimer: Gaming & Hospitality Legal News is published by Dickinson Wright PLLC to inform our clients and friends of important developments in the fields of gaming law, federal Indian law, and hospitality law. The content is informational only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. We encourage you to consult a Dickinson Wright attorney if you have specific questions or concerns relating to any of the topics covered in Gaming & Hospitality Legal News.
If you would like a printable version of this alert, click here.
- April 19, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 11, Number 4
- April 19, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Interviewed on GGB News “Global Gaming Business Podcast”
- April 13, 2018 Conferences 2018 Villanova Moorad Sports Law Journal Symposium on April 13, 2018
- April 13, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Jeffrey Silver Quoted in the Las Vegas Review Article “Special License for Temporary Las Vegas Casino OK’d”
- March 26 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in the Gambling Compliance article, "U.S. Court Precedents On Sports Data Could Haunt Professional Leagues"
- March 15, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 11 Number 3
- March 07, 2018 - March 10, 2018 Conferences IMGL Spring Conference / Gaming Law Minefield on March 7 - 9, 2018
- March 05, 2018 Speaking Engagements Is Sports Betting Coming to Iowa Conference March 5, 2018
- February 27, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Greg Gemignani Quoted in Article About Supreme Court Sports-Betting Case